Chapter 11

Click-clack-clock, and I turn the key of the door from outside my mom's mansion. She so loved this house with all of her heart. Women always really appreciate their homes with all their hearts especially if it is their dream house. So, Mrs Lamar had a unique sort of love for this house it was so amazing. She used to call it her crib. I always found it kinda cool and interesting how she had such a pathological fondness for colloquial language. She would be out in the garden fixing her plants while my dad is inside reading a news paper or even cooking lunch while she is busy outside. God, those two really loved each other so much that you would feel the strength in their affection, both from just observing or listening to them speak to each other.

As I enter the house everything looks so clean like there were people who had been living here since they passed away. Looking around I see all the deep and astonishing pieces of art around the living area and I take a seat on the long white and grey corner couch. I put my hand in my pocket to take out my phone but I also happen to feel something else in my pocket, a plastic sort of thing. I pull it out as well to discover that there is actually some weed left from the bag I had shared with Pelo last night.

"Whoa! what do we have here?" I think out loud.
Damn, what will I use to roll up this joint? Somehow in my wallet are a few Zig Zags as I open to check inside of it. At the rate of my increasing relief I crush the weed and start rolling...

In just a few minutes I blaze up the joint, sit back, relax and indulge in this moment of absolute pleasure. The kind of pleasure that can really hurt no one. Damn, last night this weed didn't feel as good as it does now. Oh truly, bless the ganja! Wow, Pelo actually has an extravagant taste in the cannabis she chooses to blaze...A beautiful and aromatic pineapple express. Some really really good indoor plant.

While the joint burns about halfway through now I feel a complete change in my state of mind: First of all...I TRULY MISS PELONOMI.
And second, a great deal of happiness just creeps in my heart yet, at the thought of Pelonomi.

So I put out the joint and dial her numbers immediately:
"Hey, mister. Wow, that really took you forever, you know!

"You sound like you've missed me." I iterate...

"God! Missing you is an understatement." She utters in the sweetest of voices and I pause for second...

"Did you know that your voice is like music to my ears?" I challenge her with a rhetorical question and she says, "no I didn't know, sir. Tell me about it."

"Your voice sounds to my ears like...like an orchestra of the sweetest harmonic sounds. If I didn't know better, I'd say you are the orchestra itself. The power in your hands, my lady, is gravity to my heart." I speak with a serene and low toned voice and she utters in laughter, "did you know how charming you sound to my ears?"