♡Three

♡chapter three- catching up♡
M I L L I E

'Beep beep beep'

I woke up to the sound of Maddie's annoying alarm clock going off. As I got up to turn it off, the clock read 'Wednesday | 7:56'.

"Shit" I mumbled. We had exactly 34 minutes before school started. I looked around to see no sign of Maddie. I started running off the couch that I had slept on in Maddie's room, only to trip over something.

"What the hell Mills!" Sadie complained. She had slept on the floor last night since there wasn't room anywhere else.

"Sorry" I mumbled not really meaning it. "We're going to late for school we have a half hour to get ready!" I complained but in all honesty, I really didn't feel like going. My head was pounding, I smelt like vodka and I hadn't had a shower- I looked like a mess.

Sadie shot me a look as if she was saying 'skip?'. I mean, it wouldn't be all that bad if we did skip. The only thing I had today was a science test which I didn't study for. Skipping would actually save me.

"Guys I'm not going today." Maddie said as she walked back into the room. "I don't feel like it plus my parents aren't home" she pauses for a minute while putting her hair up."your welcome to stay" Sadie and I looked at each other and shrugged, why not?

After we pretended to be our mothers and inform the school that we were not coming, we started cleaning up Maddie's house. The party left the house a mess.

The living room had a strong smell of vodka present along with seven tiny shot classes.

"Shit" Maddie mumbled "my parents are going to murder me." turning to Sadie and I she said, "We drank all the vodka!" We couldn't help but laugh. That would explain why Maddie was so out of it last night. We decided to put water in the bottle and stick it back in the liquor cabinet. It's not like Maddie's parents are going to drink vodka anytime soon, hopefully.

After we finished cleaning the living room, we made our way to the pool. Jackets, beer cans and purses laid around. I assumed the purses were ours and Rowan's.

All I could think about was the party from last night. I've done this to a million guys before- invite them to a party, get drunk out of my mind- but for some reason, this party stood out.

"So" I said trying to make conversation, "I think that Finn had a fun time last night which is good." From the corner of my eyes I could see Sadie laughing while Maddie looked clueless.

"What so funny Sades?" I asked almost in unison with Maddie. Sadie quickly grabbed the garbage bags out of our hands and threw them out. When she came back, she gathered the jackets and purses. Sadie had come up with an idea. She started to tell us only to get interrupted by Maddie.

"Let's do it!" Maddie cheered as she grabbed her car keys and called 'dibs on driving'. Sadie and I raced to her car and I got shotgun. Of course Sadie had a problem with that but I didn't care. We were driving around causally trying not to get pulled over. Maddie hasn't gotten her full licence yet so if we got pulled over, we'd be screwed.

"Were here" Maddie said as she pulled into the student parking lot. Sadie's idea was to get Finn and his friends to come outside and ditch school with us.

"Millie text Finn" Sadie said eagerly. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had received a few texts from earlier this morning. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the notifications. They weren't text from just anyone, they were texts from Finn.