♡sixteen

Chapter sixteen-  "I would love to."
M I L L I E

"Hey." Finn smiled as Maddie and I approached the table. I noticed how our food had already arrived as I took my seat. I started to dig into my salad until Gaten spoke up.

"Did you guys hear about the Snowball next week?" He asked. Some nodded their head while others shook their head. I for one, shook my head.

It was the first year that the school decided to let the grade elevens have their own dance. Usually, the grade nines, tens, and elevens would have a small dance which always turned out petty lame. Luckily this year, we get our own.

From what I remember, the snowball always took place a few days before the break, not at the start of December.

"Millie?" Finn asked nervously. I looked to him then nodded my head. "Would you do me the honours of going to this years snowball with me?" He asked with a small smile. I could see the hopefulness present in his eyes. I gave him a big smile as I started to nod my head.

"I would love to." I said before leaning in and kissing him. As I pulled away, our eyes remained locked. How was I so lucky?

"Hey Sadie," Romeo said with a dumb smile. "Will you go to the snowball with me?" Sadie scuffed then shook her head, unimpressed.

"No Romeo." She hissed as she rubbed her temples. "Go ask Chloe or Grace. They'd be desperate enough."

Chloe and Grace were the two 'gossip girls' at Hawkins High. Sadie hated them because in ninth grade, they told everyone that she and Romeo broke up because Sadie was just using him. Obviously that upset Sadie making her hate them.

She always talk shit about how their just these wannabes. Which in all honesty, isn't untrue. They act like their popular but in reality, they're not. They're just two girls that have a lame life as Sadie would say.

Romeo rolled his eyes at Sadie's comment and carried on with his eating. I looked over to Maddie who gave me a smile as if she were to say, 'your doing good'. It was almost like she could sense how nervous I was.

"Mills," Sadie said as she smiled. I nodded my head, unsure of what she was going to say next. "We should go dress shopping together on Friday!"

I put on a smile and nodded my head. "Yeah sounds great." She clapped her hands as her smile grew wider. "Madds, wanna come?" I asked, turning my gaze to her.

"Can't," she simply said. "I'm trying to get a date to the dance." Sadie wiggles her eyebrows as Gaten laughed. Maddie shot him a questioning look as to why he was laughing.

"Was it that boy you have in your third period class?" He asked with a toothy smile. Maddie slowly nodded with confusion present in her question. "How do you know he's in my third period?"

Immediately, Gaten's face curious smile was replaced with a unimpressed expression. "I'm in your third period class," he said. "I sit right behind you." By the end of Gaten's little information session, Maddie's eyes widened as she quickly pulled him in for a hug, catching him off guard.

"I'm so sorry Gaten!" She said quickly as she pulled away. Her hands remained on both of his shoulders as she explained. "You know I don't pay attention and I obviously kn-" she was quickly cut off by Gaten.

"It's okay I was joking!" He chuckled quickly. "I know you know!" Our whole table then bursted into laughter. You could see the slight embarrassment on Maddie's face but she shook it off and joined in on the laughter.

"Would you like the bill?" The waitress asked kindly. I tried to stop laughing but fail misibrily. The waitress chuckled then turned her gaze to Finn.

"Yes please." Finn said in the most serious tone he could. I could see how hard he was trying to stop laughing causing me to laugh even harder.

After we payed the bill, I sighed. Maybe my life would finally be more then just breaking boys hearts. Maybe instead, I could keep one as a boyfriend rather then just a boy toy.

-

"Bye Sades!" I said as Maddie pulled out of Sadie's drive way. I leaned back in my chair with a smile plastered to my face.

"Why so..." she paused looking for the correct word. "Joyful?" I looked over to her, happily. She gave me a chuckle before turning back to the road.

Why was I so joyful?

"Sadie didn't murder me like we thought she would." I said as I looked out my window. "She's changed."

For once I wasn't scared of what Sadie thought. Then again, maybe I should be. Sadie had a change in heart sooner then I thought she would. Usually it took weeks sometimes months before I could get what I wanted. When Sadie says something, she sticks with it.

Maybe I should have rethought my happiness.

-

sorry for the cringey chapterrr

1 chapters left of this boookkkk

i think i am going to do a sequel!

Also, this wasn't suppose to be posted until Friday... so that means i might not have a Friday chapter
💗

kisses,
madds