♡eleven

♡Chapter eleven- trucks at night♡
M I L L I E

Class was to say the least interesting. Ever since I bombed that test-or at least I think I bombed- Mrs. Ryder has been on my case. She always telling me to stop pretending I don't know the answers and try. Mrs. Ryder thinks I do this to keep my reputation when in reality, I just hate her class.

"See you all tomorrow." She said as she placed all the collected papers on her desk. I quickly got up and gathered my things.

"Millie!" Mrs. Ryder called from behind me. I could hear the annoying sound of her small heels shuffling towards me. I turned around then sighed. "Yes?"

Mrs. Ryder quickly took my paper then held it up. "Is this your writing?" She had a confused expression on her face making me a little nervous.

"Yes of course." I lied.

"Well okay." She said putting it back in the pile. "The writing just looks... different. It looks a little messier then usual."

"Well it's mine, bye."
Before she could say anymore, I ran out of the class and caught up to Rowan and Noah.

I felt a little bad for lying. Of course it wasn't my hand writing- I write in cursive. It was Finn's. He told me he wanted to help so I let him. And by help I mean do the whole paper for me. I only signed my name on it. It wasn't like I was taking advantage of him. If he's going to offer to do my homework, of course I'm going to say yes.

"Let's go to the cafe." I said once I caught up.

Together in silence, we walked there. It was a good kind of silence  though.

"Let's go somewhere, finnie." I said as I laced my fingers behind his neck. He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. "Finnie?" He asked with a smile.

I gave a giggle then grabbed his hand. "Yeah, you call me miss heartbreaker so I call you finnie." He gave a a little laugh and we approached his truck.

As a gentleman, he opened the door for me letting me climb in. As he got in the other side he gave me a big smile. "Let's go somewhere tonight."

"Where to?" I asked interested. He gave me a laugh then squeezed my hand a little. "It's a surprise."

This was one of the first times that a boy I dated actually wanted to make real plans, not just do whatever.

One more reason why I can't break up with him.

As I was going through my closet looking for something to wear, my eyes fixed on one particular outfit.

I pulled the outfit out and ran to my bathroom to try it on. I spun in the mirror admiring how the outfit looked. It was a light pink camisole pared with a black mini skirt.

I dug through my closet one last time looking for a pair of shoes. I settled on my black converse.

"Mom, I'm going out." I said as I ran down the stairs. Hoping that my mother wouldn't be at the door to ask questions, I ran faster. But like usual, I don't get what I wish for. She stoped me at the end of the stairs and crossed her arms.

"With who and 'till when?" She asked quickly as she raised her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes then sighed.

Does she have to know everything?

"Finn and I don't know." I replied pushing passed her. She scuffed then grabbed my wrist stoping me in my place.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Finn recently." I rolled my eyes which luckily she didn't see. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Yes" I mumbled as I shook her off. I quickly grabbed my light blue denim jacket then ran out the front door.

I hated it when my mother asked me all kinds of questions. I mean, it's not like she cares anyways. The only thing that she cares about is herself and her stupid boyfriend. It's like ever since my dad left us she's forgotten about Ava and I. Luckily Charlie and Paige don't have to deal with her anymore.

I saw Finn's car the second I walked out of my door. He obviously hadn't noticed me yet note the fact he was still looking at his phone.

"Hey I'm here." I said as I slumped into the passenger seat of Finn's car. Quickly, he put down his phone then gave me one of his signature smiles.

That damn smile.

As we started down the road, he asked, "where to?" I shrugged then opened the window. "Anywhere."

We drove slowly through the small town. We passed a few kids for our school who luckily didn't notice us.

The one thing that I liked about Hawkins; you know everyone and everyone knows you. It's like the whole town is your family.

I turned up the radio and played with the stations until I found a good song. Finn started to mumble some of the lyrics, surprising me. His voice sounded amazing.

"I had all and then most of you, some then none of you..." he quietly sang.

"...Take me back to the night we met." I joined in. He looked over to me then smiled. "Your voice," I pointed out. "It's amazing." He shrugged while looking at the road ahead of him.

"Your voice is really nice too, mills." I looked at him then laced our hands together. When I looked at the road ahead of of us, I noticed where we were.

The drive in.

"Were going to the drive in?!" I asked more excited the intended. Finn chuckled the nodded his head.

I remember from when I was younger, Paige and Charlie used to always take Ava and I here. Since we used our allowance to pay, we never had enough money for four tickets. Ava and I would hide under all the blankets in the back seat meaning we'd only ever pay for two tickets.

That's the one thing I miss about my siblings. Sometimes I wish they were still in high school and I was younger.

After we payed for our tickets, I decided to go and buy some popcorn. Luckily I brought enough money.

"Two popcorns and a pack of skittles please." I smiled. It wasn't long until the man came back with my food and I payed him. "Thanks." I said before walking off.

From where our vehicle was located, I could see the sunset setting. All the colours in the sky mixed together; it was beautiful.

"The movies starting." Finn whispered once I got back. He helped me into the back of his truck where all the pillows and blankets laid. "What movie?" I asked.

"Heathers."

-

Aw thanks for all the comments and votes that I've been getting recently! Mean a lot.

Kisses,
Madds