♡seventeen

Chapter seventeen- I will forever hate dress shopping
M I L L I E

"Well," I sighed to Sadie as I peered at the many many rows of dresses. "This is going to be the death of me." She gave me a chuckled then patted my shoulder.

"Follow me." She exclaimed before dragging me into one of the many rows of dresses. There were some long dresses and short dresses but none of them seemed interesting.

"Any you like?" Sadie asked as she ran her hand along the many dresses. I shrugged my shoulders then sighed. If I told Sadie that none of them seemed appealing she would just throw atone of the dresses on me and expect me to fall in love with them.

"Well," she said as she turned on her heals startling me. "Try this one on." She handed me a light pink dress and black high heels. It didn't seem very long, scaring me. I looked at it for a moment before trying it on. As I walked into the change room, I regretted coming shopping with only Sadie.

I put on the dress which was far to small and tight. It cut off at my high thighs making me look like a Barbie doll. I put on the heels that Sadie gave me before leaving the change room. Due to the height, I almost tripped.

"Mills hurry up." Sadie whines impatiently. I rolled my eyes as I unlocked the change room door. As I walked out, I almost lost my balance twice. When I looked Sadie in the eye, I saw her amazement.

"Millie you look-" I cut her off before she could say anymore about how I looked. "No." I said sternly.

Sadie sighed then rolled her eyes. "Well I'm sorry but it too small and too tight." She rubbed her temples before plastering a fake smile to her face.

"You know what, your totally right!" She said as she crossed her arms. "It doesn't suit you." I couldn't tell if Sadie was being honest or just trying to get her way. Either way, I wasn't going to give in. I looked and felt hideous in the dress and no one was going to change my mind about that.

I walked back into the change room and took the dress off as fast as I could.

Why did I agree to this again?

I walked out with both items in my hand and slowly placed them on a nearby chair. From the corner of my eye, a bright red dress caught my attention.

Slowly, I walked over to it and took a second to admire it. It was a lose, floor length dress that had little sparkles on the shoulders.

I took it off the rack and hurried back to my change room before anyone saw me. And by anyone, I mean Sadie.

Knowing Sadie, she would probably make a scene about how I would stand out since everyone's probably going to wear Christmas colours.

I did a spin then looked in the large mirror. It was one of the most beautiful dresses that I had ever seen.

I didn't give a shit about Sadie's opinion then. I quickly took the dress off and walked out of the change room, straight to Sadie.

"Sadie I found my dress," I said, trying to hide my nervousment. "Here." As I held the hanger of the dress-letting it stretch out to the ground- Sadie's eyes widened.

"Oh my God mills," she said as she brought her hands to her face. "It's beautiful!"

I was shocked to hear her reaction. I almost didn't think I was talking with Sadie for a moment. Then again, I've felt this way ever since I told her I liked Finn.

Maybe she has changed for real.

"Okay okay," she said quickly as she turned to one of the many dress racks. "What do you think?" She held up a light blue strapless dress that stoped above her knees.

"I just thought that it might look nice or someth-" she started to ramble on but was stopped as I cut her off.

"I love it, Sades." I said with a smile. "Really."

With that, we both walked up to the cash register and paid for our dresses.

As Sadie and I approached the Ziegler house hold, I smiled. Tonight was the night that we've been waiting for since we were fourteen.

I knocked on the door expecting Maddie to answer, but instead was greeted by her mother.

"Hi ms. Ziegler," Sadie smiled. "Is Maddie home?" She gave us a friendly smile as she welcomed us in.

"Yes she's in her bedroom." We thanked her as we quickly ran up to her room.

-
Second last chapter :(((

Sooorrrrryyy for the short

The next book will be posted within then the first few weeks of September since I want to pre write a few chapters

Kisses,
Madds