♡nine

♡Chapter nine- public relationships♡
M I L L I E

As I was walking down one of the many hallways at Hawkins High, I saw Gaten and Caleb waiting by my locker. It's an unusual sight to see them since we aren't really on talking terms with each other. They're just some of Finn's friends.

As I approach them I see Gaten nudge Caleb and smirk.

"Millie" Gaten says while giving me a toothy smile. I smile back while opening my locker.

"You didn't hear this from us but," Caleb starts only to get cut off by Gaten. "Finn's going to ask you out!"

I look over to them and chuckle. No wonder no one trusts them to keep a secret.

I nod my head then see Caleb slap Gaten's arm slightly. They started arguing about who was suppose to tell me what, causing me to laugh more. My laughter stops once I see someone approaching us.

"Well if it isn't Mrs. Heartbreaker." He smirks. I let out a dull chuckle.

"Hello to you too, Mr. Wolfhard. " I sigh, "walk me to class?" Finn nods as I grab his hand and walk down the hallway.

Almost everyone stops what they're doing and looks over to us. They start to part making room for us to get down the hallway easily.

"Well," Finn chuckled. "It's like were royalty almost." I give a slight chuckle and sigh.

"Better get used to it"

"Now are there any questions?" Mrs.Ryder asks snapping me out of my thoughts. I've always hated this class and I always will.

I look over to Rowan to see her filing her nails. I change my view to Noah and see him playing some flappy bird on his phone.

No wonder Mrs. Ryder hates us

I chuckle a little only to get cut off by the sound of my phone pinging. I look down to see a text message from Finn.

Finn: meet at the cafe for lunch?

I smile then look back up to make sure Mrs. Ryder doesn't catch me. If she catches us on our phones she'll take them away for the month and not give them back. And I am not going through that pain again.

Me: c'ya there ;)

As I look back up and start to 'pay attention' again, I feel something hit the side of my head. I look down to see what it was to be faced with a crumpled piece of paper. I instantly look over to Rowan and Noah who are watching me like hawks.

I grab the crumpled paper and slowly start to open it. The longer it takes me to un crumple it, the more anxious I get.

What could be so important?

As I'm about to read what is written on it, I take a deep breath. I flip the paper over and read,

'Texting Finnie, huh?'

I chuckle a little then look back over to them. They look at me then back to each other and laugh.

Ever since I've met them, I've always thought that they'd be perfect for each other. They're almost the same person. All though Rowan claims to only wanting to be 'friends' with Noah, I know she's lying. You can't lie to someone about your feelings when that person is the schools number one heartbreaker.

Before I can write back, the bell rings signalizing lunch. I walk out into the halls looking for Finn. It takes me a while but once I spot him, I see him waving with a grin on his face.

I quickly skip over to him trying not to fall. As soon as I'm close enough, I link arms and we start to walk to the cafe.

"Thanks" I say to the cashier as I grab my food. I walk back to the table that Finn's sitting at and place the food down.

"So," I say trying to make conversation. "Anything you want to ask me?" I raise my eyebrows then tilt my head. As soon as I asked this, Finn quickly looked away and started fidgeting with his fingers.

"Well," he hesitated. "I um, just well, wanted to um, know if you'd w-want-" before he could finish, he cut himself off to take a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

He spat the sentence out in one breath leaving me shocked.

Was it that hard to ask me out?

I quickly stand up and go to the other side of the table; the side Finn's on. I sit in the empty chair then look him dead in the eyes. I could see all the fear and anxiety building up within him.

"Finn," I say calmly. "I would love to be your girlfriend." As almost planed, we lean in and placed each other's lips upon another. It was almost to perfect of a kiss. Our lips moved in sync with passion. As I pulled away, I kept my eyes shut savouring these last few moments of peace.

I open my eye as I fully pull away locking them with Finn's. He blushes a little then returns to eating. God why does he have to be so cute? This whole 'heartbreaker' thing would be much easier if he wasn't so attractive.

"Finnie" I say before I take a sip of my milkshake. He looks over to me then nods. "I think we should let the school know we're dating."

Finn chuckles a little then shakes his head. I know he doesn't like the attention like I do. Of course he wouldn't agree to going public. I rather keep it low key like him but that could risk my reputation which is something I'm not willing to do.

"Come on, I don't want some other girl trying to date you" I say as I put my milkshake down while batting my eyelashes.

He sighs then takes a moment to think. "No one will break us up" he says as he places his hands on top of mine, "no one."

As we walk back to school, I get ready. Now is when I confirm our relationship, the relationship that I soon will have to destroy in order to keep my reputation.

My damn reputation.

With one of my hands, I grab Finn's and put my other one on the door. "Ready?" I ask. Finn nods then gives me a half smile. You could tell that he was nervous but I ignored it.

As I open the door to the school, all eyes are drawn to us. I pull Finn from behind me making sure that everyone can see that I'm holding his hand. I look at Finn then take one last glance at the crowd. I quickly turn and smash my lips into Finn's, shocking him. Not to long after, he kissed back, passionately.

In the back ground I can hear a few 'oohs' and 'ahs' but I block them out and focus on Finn. He puts his arms tightly around my back pulling me close. My hands are tangled up in his curly hair making it messier then it was before. As I pull away, I take a deep breath. I take hold of his hand once more and start to strut through the hallway.

My eyes fall upon Sadie who is smirking at me. She slowly and silently claps as if she were to congratulate me. Sadie thinks the whole 'kiss' that just happened was fake but little does she know, it sure as hell wasn't.

-
Well, hopefully I didn't offend anyone because of their kiss.
Kisses,
Madds