♡eighteen

Chapter eighteen- and we can go to the snowball
M I L L I E

"Ready girls?" Sadie asked, trying to hold back her excitement. Maddie and I shared a quick glance before giving Sadie a chuckle.

"Okay!" Maddie said, clapping her hands together. "Let's call the taxi and get going." With that, we all grabbed our purses and extra makeup and made our way downstairs.

We were greeted by Ms. Ziegler who held a fancy looking camera in her hand. She had a huge smile on her face as she asked us to pose.

Ms. Ziegler is probably one of the nicest moms I've ever met. She's sort of like my second mother since she always makes sure that I'm doing okay.

" have fun!" She smiled as she waved us out the door. We all smiled back before we approached the taxi parked out front.

We all squished into the back seat, carful not to tear our dresses.

"You guys ready for the day we've been waiting for since freshman year?" I asked happily.

I remember back in grade nine fantasizing this day. I had it all planed out; I would have the prettiest dress and I would be going to the dance with the prettiest boy. I guess you can say that came true. Then again, I always imagined the prettiest boy to be a boy I didn't only start dating in order to break his heart.

"Um yeah!" Sadie laughed. "Yeah, I may not be going with a date- which by the way sucks- but I'm with my friends." She smiled as she said the last part.

I remember Sadie always fantasizing about going to the snow ball with Romeo. That was when they were a couple, of course.

"Yeah, me too, Sades." Maddie smiled. We both gave her a squeeze on her hand with a happy smile.

"I'm just so, so scared for some reason." I said nervously.

"Well duh," Sadie laughed as she looked over to me. "It's the first time you've been in a serious relationship."

Yeah, I guess that could be a possibility. But then again, maybe it's because Sadie's changed and I haven't seem to adjust to Sadie 2.0 yet.

I knew I shouldn't be worrying about something so unlikely and stupid like this, but I am. Sadie never changed her minds about something. If she says something she means it. She always stuck to her original answer.

"Hawkins High, correct?" The taxi driver asked from the front seat.

"Yes," I smiled. "Thanks." I thankfully payed the man as we all climbed out of the car, letting the cold air hit us.

I don't know why I expected it to not be cold since it was the middle of December.

We all slowly made our way to the doors, letting us into the small school. The music blaring from the gym seemed to get louder and louder ever step I took. My smile grew as I got closer and closer to the school doors.

As we walked inside, I noticed the banner hanging above the gym doors reading, "The Snowball of 2017"

"Let's go!" Sadie squealed as she took both of Maddie and my arms and dragged us into the gym.