Sorting

Frodo POV

I looked at the long tables filled with staring eyes. Sam walked beside me twiddling his thumbs.

"I feel so tiny." He whispered and I nodded. Being a hobbit means being small. We stood in front of a room and inside, we were told, had millions of computers.

"Everyone walk inside and find the computer that has your name on it." A lady said and I opened the door. The first computer I saw had my name on it and I smiled. I sat down and pressed the enter button when a professor with greasy, black hair walked up holding a vial.

"Drink this." He grunted passing me the vial. I stared at the liquid and frowned.

"What is it?" I asked and he glared.

"It makes you tell the truth!" He yelled as he stormed off. I drank the liquid and felt my chest buzz. I turned towards the computer and started answering the questions. The first question was,

1) If you needed to save someone, even if it costed your life would you do it?

a) Yes

b) No

I reread the question and smiled. Of course I would I thought but I clicked no anyway.

"What?" I said and the greasy haired professor snarled at me.

Tris POV

I smiled as I sat down at the computer and began answering the questions. I barely had to ask myself the question because I would click the one most suited to myself anyway. I finished the test and the word Gryffindor flashed on the screen. A professor walked up to me and smiled.

"Ah, you're in the Gryffindor house." She said and I frowned as another word popped up onto the screen. Ravenclaw.

"What...?" I asked and the professor quickly shut the computer.

"Not again." She said as she shook her head. "Look don't tell anybody this but your something called," She leaned in closer and whispered. "Divergent." I gaped at her and she frowned. 'Look I'm professor Wu but you just call me Tori. If you need help find me and talk to me. Now you need to decide which house." She walked away and I had my mouth hanging open. I stood up and told one of the professors that I was chosen for Gryffindor. She smiled and pointed to the Gryffindor table. I sat down next to a by who looked to be a year older than me.

"Hey." He said extending his hand and I shook it.

"Hi." I said and he smiled.

"I'm Four." He said and I frowned.

"Like, the number?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yeah like the number." I smiled at him and he shrugged.

"I'm..." I hesitated as the name Beatrice didn't seem to fit in this new place. "Tris." I said and he smiled, turning back to his friends.

Rose POV

The word Gryffindor blinked on the screen and I smiled brightly. I got up and rushed over to the door as a professor pointed to the table. Lissa was right behind me and she was smiling.

"Are you in Gryffindor?" I asked with a huge smile. She shook her head and I could feel my face fall. "W-what?" I asked and she bit her lip.

"I'm in Ravenclaw." I couldn't breathe.

"But I need to protect you! I can't be your guardian if we're in different houses! The headmaster tapped us on the shoulder and ushered us into another room. We sat down in different chairs and I noticed a twenty year old guy with long, brown hair.

"Ms. Hathaway, we know of your and Ms. Dragomir's... Special needs but you are not permitted to announce it in front of the entire school. You are putting the other dhampir's and Moroi in the school in danger." My jaw dropped and I could feel Lissa's surprise.

"There are others?" I asked and the headmaster smiled.

"Of course. Why Dimitri over here is a Dhampir himself." He said and I stared at Dimitri.

"Hello." He said showing a very strong Russian accent.

"Now. For the matter of you and Ms. Dragomir in different houses, Dimitri will be guarding her aswell." I glared at the headmaster.

"You hired cheap foreign labour to protect Lissa?!" I asked and I could see the frown on Dimitri's face.

"Careful there. I'm now your PE teacher as well." I glared at him and he held my gaze.

"Now you may go now." The headmaster said and we were showed out. I could feel the worry that flowed through Lissa and I swallowed hard. I hugged her and walked to the Gryffindor table. I could feel many people's gazes on me but I hid my annoyance with a smirk.

The Doctor POV

I stared at the many people in the Gryffindor common room searching for someone who could be a friend. I spotted a boy with dark hair and eyes the colour f the sea.

"Good evening." I said formally and the kid looked up at me.

"Sup." I frowned and thought to myself. 

"Well space mostly but well since we're in a room..." The boy laughed and I pouted. "What?" I asked and he smiled.

"Nothing. I'm Percy." He said and my lips twitched.

"The Doctor." I stated and he frowned. "Just leave it at that." I said and sat down. I could feel peoples gazes beating into the back of me. A girl with braided, brown hair walked up to me and smiled.

"I'm sorry but did you guys see which house my sister was put in?" She asked and I frowned.

"What was her name?" I asked.

"Prim." She stated and I smiled.

"Yeah Ravenclaw." I said and she let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought she may have been put in Slytherin." She gave me one last smile and walked over to a girl with long, black hair. I picked up my book and began to read. I smiled happily as I realized I was going to make new friends.