Chapter 3

Jas pov:

Colby has always been so lovely, I don't understand why now he would be all close with me and then go on a date with Kelsey. She was way prettier than me anyway, but still I really didn't think she was the kind of girl Colby would go for. She's on the cheerleading squad and she's so preppy and beyond girly, Colby just doesn't seem like he'd be interested in someone like that. But then again why would he be interested in ugly and boring me?

I took off my makeup because is was a mess and changed into my pjs because I guess I was having an early lonely night in. I looked at my phone and noticed lots of missed calls and texts from Sam, I even had a few from Colby.

Sam: Where are you? Come round to mine asap please.

Sam: hello?

Sam: This really isn't the time for silent treatment Jas

Sam: We need to stop this date, we can't let Colby go out with Kelsey, that's a huge mistake.

Sam: Please come to mine as soon as you read these or I'm coming to you.

I replied to Sam letting him know I was asleep and would be right over.
I read my messages from Colby:

Colbs: Hey Sam said he can't get a hold of you, are you alright?x

Colbs: Please let us know if your okay, getting worried Jas x

I also replied back to Colby telling him I am fine.

---------------

I walked into Sam's house and up to his bedroom, I seen him walking about his room stressing.

"Yooo, where have you been?" Sam asked hugging me relived.

"Asleep, sorry." I replied bluntly.

"We need to stop this date Jas"

"No we need to leave Colby alone"

"Jas, he doesn't like her"

"How would you know, he clearly changed his mind"

"Pleaseee help me"

"No Sam i don't want to interrupt and be the bad one"

"No Jas your not listening"

"No Sam your not, please can we just hang out and watch a movie or something because there is something I need to take my mind off. And I am not going chasing after Colby and his mistakes, he chose to make them." I said finishing this conversation about Colby.

"Fine" Sam replied giving in as we put on a movie.

We sat and watched the movie but the whole time I couldn't concentrate because I could only think of Colby with another girl and I thought I was going to be sick.
I received a text from Colby near the end of the movie me and Sam were watching.
It read:

Colbs: Okay glad your fine, what were you doing? x

Jas: I was sleeping, had to take my mind off something. Aren't you on your date right now? Why are you texting me x

Colbs: Yeah, I'm going to take her home right now. Can we hang out please? x

I didn't reply to Colby and I ignored his last message. I showed Sam the texts he sent me during the movie.

"Why does he send you a 'x' at the end of his messages? I don't do that to you, he doesn't do that to me" Sam said confused.

"I don't know we've always done that for the past 2 years, but why is he texting me on his date" I asked Sam.

"I don't know, maybe she was boring. Why didn't you reply to his last message?" Sam questioned me.

"Idk, its getting late" I replied not honestly.

"It's only 9" Sam replied.

"I don't want to see him Sam" I told him and with that he dropped the topic and we went back to just hanging out.

I was lying. I did want to see Colby. I always want to see him, every chance I get but I don't know if right now I could face him. What if they kissed on the date? I started to feel ill again like before.
It's fine, Colby doesn't know that I'm at Sam's so he will go to mine and get no reply.

---------------

"Don't answer it please" I said to Sam as we heard the doorbell go, I was too afraid that it would be Colby.

"Why not, it will be my brother I have to let him home" Sam replied.

"Aw yeah, sorry Sam" I apologised feeling bad.

I stood at the top of the staircase peering my head around the corner so I could see the door. It opened and my instinct was right, it was Colby.