Chapter 11

Alyx pov:

It was Saturday morning and I was trying so hard to forget about what was going to be happening on Monday. Sam had to leave really early because his mom was taking him to visit his gran and grandad but Colby didn't leave.

"Do you want to do something today?" I asked Colby after shutting the door after Sam leaved.

"Yeah sure, do you want to maybe go on a walk?" Colby replied.

"Yeah that sounds good, i will go and get ready the now" I told him walking up the stairs.

I showered and got dressed before walking down the stairs meeting Colby. I didn't wear makeup which was different because I usually wore a little bit at least but today I wasn't feeling like it.

"I like your outfit" Colby told me as I walked down the stairs.

I had just thrown on black ripped jeans, a white tshirt and denim jacket with vans.

"So where we off to?" I asked him as we walked out of my driveway.

"There is this trail I go on sometimes when I want to walk alone, we can go there if you want" Colby replied.

"Yeah sounds good" I answered.

---------------

We walked for about two miles talking before we reached tree swings.

"Here" Colby said pointing towards the swings.

"It's so quiet and peaceful here" I said sitting on the tree swing next to Colby.

We sat on the tree swings next to each other and looked out to the field. The grass was really long, but it was bright green and throughout was full of bright colourful flowers.

"I know right" Colby said agreeing.

"It looks like nobody's been here in years, the grass is so perfect. It looks like something from a Disney movie" I stated in awe.

"I don't think anyone has ever been here" He said.

"Probably not" I replied.

"No seriously. I've came here everyday apart from Fridays for 2 years and never once have I seen anyone else, at all" Colby said.

"Damn how doesn't anyone know about this place, it's gorgeous" I replied.

"I don't know but it's my favourite place ever" He answered.

"Sure is, haven't you ever walked on that grass? It still looks perfect" I asked him.

"Nope, never went further than these swings. The grass looked too perfect to go on without it being a special reason" He told me.

"So why do you come here alone everyday?" I asked.

"I like it here, it's quiet, I can be alone with my thoughts and it's a good place to just chill. The world is too busy and loud sometimes" He told me.

"Wow, sounds like a pretty good reason. I can see why you enjoy it here. But don't you know what's over there?" I asked pointing to the other side of the field.

"Nope" He answered.

We sat for a little while in a comfortable quietness just staring at the view. It was so nice to enjoy the quietness and hear the birds.

"Come on" Colby shouted as I seen him jump out of the swing and run straight into the long grass getting lost.

"Colby, I thought you were saving this for a special occasion" I shouted running to where he was. I could only see him from the dip in the grass where it was no longer superficial.

"It is a special occasion. I've been coming here 6 days a week for 2 years without fail and your the fist person I've ever showed this place" Colby told me as I chased him through the grass.

"Wow, your right, it is pretty special." I answered turning and running the other way.

I heard his footsteps also turn and now chase me. I turned a corner before loosing him from behind me. I stood on my tippy toes trying to look over the grass at the view before I felt Colbys arms grab me and pull me backwards into him.

"Got you" Colby shouted as I laughed and he kept hold of me.

He finally let go and turned around staring at him. We stared for a little while before he began to lean in, his lips connected with mine as we began to kiss. I began to pull away a little and smiled at him.

"Jas?" He asked keeping eye contact. I didn't say anything but instead nodded my head.

"W..would you g-go on a date with me. Tonight?" He asked nervously.

I broke the eye contact and looked at my feet smiling and nodded my head before Colby pulled me closer and into a hug wrapping his arms around me.