Chapter 12

Colby pov:

It was 6:30 and I had just got home from setting everything up for my date with Jas tonight. I had decided to set up blankets, pillows, candles and lights for picnic at the top of a hill nearby the walk we went on earlier that day, we had seen it and Jas talked about how she wanted to go up there and see the view. I told her we didn't have enough time right then, but I have been up there before and the view is amazing, you can see the lit up city.

I was at my house getting ready when I received a text from Jas.

Jas: Hey Colbs, what sort of clothes should I wear tonight?

Colby: Just wear something casual and comfy.

Jas didn't know what I had planned and I told her it was a secret. I was so nervous but so excited to finally be taking her on a date.

---------------

Jas pov:

Colby told me to wear something casual and comfy so I decided on black denim shorts with a white tshirt tucked in, my black denim jacket over top and my vans.

"This is casual, right?" I asked myself looking in the mirror when I heard Colbys car pull up outside.

I took a deep breath in and nodded to myself in the mirror.

"It's just Colby..you'll be fine, you've known him forever" I talked to myself again.

I reached Colbys car door, opening it I saw Colby was definitely dressed casual so I instantly felt the stress of my outfit leave my body.

"Hey!" I said excitedly as I sat down in his car.

"Hi, we ready to go?" He asked as I clipped in my seat belt and I responded with a nod.

---------------

It was slightly dark out because it was 7:30pm so I couldn't see much out of the windows when Colby stopped the car and turned it off.

"Put this on" Colby said handing me a bandana.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"Wrap it around your eyes, trust me" He replied.

Colbys pov:

Jas placed the bandana across her eyes and turned around letting me tie it at the back. I got out of the car first and went round to her side taking her hand and helping her out of the car because she couldn't see anymore

Luckily this hill had stairs that you could choose to walk up if you didn't want to do the actual hike, because there is no way I'd manage to get Jas up that hike blind folded.

"I don't feel safe Colby" Jas laughed grabbing a tighter grip of my hand.

"Here, I promise your alright, not long to go now" I said as I placed my other hand around her back and on her waist, helping to guide her.

We finally reached the top, I walked around Jas and untied the blind fold.

Jas pov:

I felt Colbys hands fiddle with the blindfold as we stopped walking up stairs, the blindfold fell from my eyes finally.

"Here we are" Colby said as my eyes re adjusted.

"Wait is this the hill I was talking about earlier?" I asked amazed.

"Yup" Colby answered.

"Omg how did we get up here?" I said realising this was a huge hill.

"The steps" Colby laughed pointing to them.

"Omg the view!!" I exclaimed excitedly turning around to see a beautiful view of the lit up city.

"It's awesome right?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's so nice!" I said noticing the blankets, pillows, candles and food in front of us.

Colby led me to sit down on the blankets and pillows laid out. I opened up the picnic basket obviously expecting to find something to eat. There wasn't anything in it and I drew my eyes up to Colby who was watching me laughing.

"I grabbed McDonald's on my way to pick you up" He laughed pulling the McDonalds bag out of his rucksack.

"I KNEW I SMELLED IT IN THE CAR" I shouted and laughed remembering how his car smelt of McDonald's.

We sat next to each other above the city lights talking, eating and taking pictures of the view.

"It's freezing" I laughed wrapping the blanket around me as I began to feel the cold air breeze over me.

We had been sitting there for an hour and a half and it was now 9pm so no wonder it began to get cold.

"I have sweats and a hoodie in my rucksack if you want them?" Colby said taking a look at my shorts and tshirt.

"Yeah please, but why do you have them with you?" I asked him.

"I guessed it would get pretty cold up here after a while, so just incase" He handed me the sweats and hoodie.

I stood up taking of my shorts, changing into the sweats, then taking off my top and throwing the jumper on instead as Colby sat with his eyes closed.

"All done" I said sitting back down allowing him to open his eyes.

Colby took my clothes and put them in his rucksack.

"Thank you so much for tonight" I said to him, taking his hand.

"It's not a problem" He replied making eye contact with me.

"I've had a lot of fun, it's gorgeous up here" I added as my eyes drifted to his lips.

"Sure is" He answered as he noticed my eye contact drift.

He placed one hand on my thigh and I began to lean in, he placed his other hand on my waist pulling me in further towards him. Our lips connected slowly, Colby deepened the kiss and I ran my hands through his hair. I pulled away as I bit on his bottom lip slightly.

After pulling away from the kiss I looked at my feet and smiled as I began to blush, I always get nervous from being so happy whenever we kiss.

We didn't stay up there much longer before we walked back down to the car.

---------------

"You can just stay tonight if you want?" I told Colby as we pulled up to my house.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah my mom is working" I replied as we began to climb out of the car.

We had, had a long day so we went in and went straight to bed. I fell asleep in Colby's arms with my head rested on his chest listening to the beating of his heart. Today had been so much fun, and I had finally went on a date with Colby.