Chapter 4

Jas pov:

I was right. God dammit this was one of the few occasions where I really really wished I wasn't right.
Although Colby hadn't spotted my head peering round the stairs yet.

"Hey man" Sam said to Colby.

"Hey, can I come in?" Colby said as Sam then opened the door further letting Colby in.

"How come Jas isn't here?" Colby asked Sam as they stood at the bottom of the stair case.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I know she's not at hers so I presumed she was here, there isn't much other places she'd go"

"No, yeah, she's here, but i will be honest with you man I have a feeling she isn't up for seeing you tonight" Sam said honestly. I face palmed.

"Why wouldn't she want to see me? We're best friends"

"I don't know she didn't say man"

"Well i just wanted to come over to hang out"

"How was the date?" Sam said changing the topic.

I didn't hear Colbys response because at this point he started to whisper.

"Well why the fuck did you go on the date then if it was so shit?" Sam questioned to Colby.

"Man keep your voice down"

"C'mon I just want to hang out why is Jas not came out?"

Because I have the worst luck, I leant forward a little more to continue spying but the floorboards creaked. The boys' eyes both shot up looking at the top of the stairs. I stood up and acted like nothing happened.

"Oh hey Colby" I said trying to act normal.

He stood at the bottom of the stairs with his arm out for a hug, it's just what us 3 do to greet each other. I was trying to act normal so ignoring the hug would be rude. I trudged down the stairs letting Colby hug me, I didn't hug back.

"I know you didn't want him here, he can leave if you want or you could leave, whatever makes you happy" Sam said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"What no? I don't remember saying that. We're fine" I shot a look at Sam and he knew to stop.

We went up to Sam's room and sat and tried to talk. There was a super uncomfortable silence in the room, our silences are never usually uncomfortable. Everyone was trying to ignore the fact that Colby had been on that date. So I decided to embrace the topic and awkward subject.

"So how was it?" I asked Colby.

"She's not really someone I'm interested in, she's nothing like me and very preppy" Colby said, I was so glad.

"Aw. Shame. You seemed to like her" I said.

"Nah, I'm not fussed, she was a bit boring aswell" Colby confessed.

I was so happy that he didn't like her. But that still didn't mean he liked me. Either way, after I cleared up the awkward topic every thing went back to normal and we had an alright night.