🌹1

The year is 2016.........

Harlem, NY 12:05 pm

RILEY WILSON

"Your love is a one in a Million it goes on and on, you bring me a really good feeling ALLLLLL day long"

I was in the middle of my Saturday ritual of cleaning my Harlem loft and I was in full Aaliyah mode.

I knew I couldn't sing to save my life but that didn't stop me from giving it my all. I had the night off from the hospital at Harlem Hospital and it was well needed.

Don't get me wrong I loved being an Nurse but LAWD ya' girl hasn't had a day off in a MONTH. I was exhausted and needed to catch up on major household duties.

I checked the time on my I-Phone as I turned the vacuum off and walked to my bathroom to take a much needed hot shower.

I turned the water on and then headed to my bedroom. I like my showers extra hot and steamy so I always let it run for a few minutes before getting in.

I walked to my closet and skimmed over my wardrobe. I decided on Champion grey hoodie and my Nike Roshe's. I pulled out some high waist ripped jeans and laid them out on my bed. I headed to my bathroom., brushing my teeth and did my usually hygiene in the shower singing along to Aaliyah.

I stepped out the shower and wrapped my towel around my waist. I wiped the steam off the mirror and looked at myself. I was 5'7 with a slim curvy frame.

I was a pretty shade of Cinnamon as my Nanna would say. My eyebrows were groomed to perfection (I didn't play about those) , full lips and dark almond shaped eyes that gave me a hint of mystery.

I moved closer to the mirror taking a closer look at my freckles

You little things just keep popping up..

I pulled my curly hair into a fake bun with my hands, making kissy faces in the mirror.

Laughing at my silly actions as I proceed to lotion my body with Shea Butter and get dressed to hit the grocery store. I was literally down to bare necessities.

Half an hour later I was on the road headed to the store. I pulled up to the grocery store and found a parking spot right out front of the store

YASSS!!!

I felt my phone vibrate as I walked into the grocery store looking for a cart. It was my bestie Kash.

"Bitch! You off tonight!"

I rolled my eyes at her as she went on about a party in Uptown tonight.

"Shut up Kash you always being loud and yeah I'm off tonight but honestly-"

"I'm really tired" Kash said in a mocking tone

"Don't do that bestie , I know I been slacking but work" I said as I walked through the aisle putting things into my cart.

"I may be loud but you love me, and NOPE not tonight. I haven't seen you in weeks, shit might be longer. But come out, my cousin is having party tonight for his Bday and it will be chill.. I promise no craziness"

I sighed inwardly because Kash and crazy went together. I knew I was already going even if I didn't want to. Kash was a pest.

"Fine"

"Okay BISH, pick you up at 11! "

I couldn't help but laugh at Kash silly ass. Besides my Nanna and Kash was my closet friend.