????20

We reached 1k!!!! 🎉🎉Thank you for all the support!!

King's condo same night— 2 am

KING

I stared up at my bedroom ceiling as Riley laid sound asleep next to me. After the earlier incident at the club we dipped, I wasn't in any type of mood to celebrate. A nigga put his hands on my shorty and no matter how many times Riley told me she was okay on the drive to my crib I wasn't trying hear it.... at all.

I wanted answers and a nigga was gonna give them up. I rubbed down my face as I felt Riley wrap her smooth leg around me tighter. I looked down at her and couldn't help but smile, she was my everything and I wouldn't be who I was if I didn't correct this situation.

"Go to sleep"

I smirked looking down at Riley as she groggily waited for my answer.

"I going mommas, just up thinking"

I sighed and felt Riley shift in my arms. I brushed a few curls out her face as the city night sky reflected randomly off her skin.

"I hate that I got you worried" Riley said as she circled her nails over my tatted chest.

" let me worry for the both us, I got you that's all you need to kno'... now gimmie a kiss woman"

I heard Riley giggle as she did what I said and got comfortable back in my arms. I finally felt sleep coming as I dozed off making a mental note to go down to Riley's job on her next day off.
——
Riley

I ran my fingers along the length of Dave's arms and heaved a deep sigh. I could tell he'd fallen asleep because his grip on my waist had finally loosened.

He held me like I was going to run away when this was honestly the only place I felt safe. Slowly lifting his arm, careful not to wake him, I get out of bed.

I slowly make my way out of the bedroom and headed downstairs. I was in desperate need of something to drink, preferably apple juice.

Once I reach the kitchen I opened the refrigerator and smiled at my unopened apple juice sitting pretty. Dave preferred Gatorade but managed to always kept a bottle here just for me. I poured myself a glass taking one large gulp.

A small sigh of satisfaction left my lips as I eyed the clock on the microwave to see it was almost 4 am.

I rolled my eyes as I looked down at my bandaged wrist flexing and moving it a few times. It was still pretty sore but hopefully it would be good as new in a week.

Downing the last of my juice, I placed my dirty glass in the sink and headed upstairs. Pushing open Dave's bedroom door, I tip toed back to the bed and slid back into my original spot. Dave's big arm wrapped around my waist as he pulled me in and placed a gentle peck on my neck.