🌹59

Manhattan, NY Court House 9:37am
3 days Later

KING

"Dockett Number 2345567 the State of New York verse Kashmere LaShay East.... charges are aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and 1 count of attempted murder."

My head shot up with the quickness as the court officer read off Kash's charges.

It had been a nightmare the last 72 hours for my fam. After Kash got arrested we had all been basically sleeping at my moms crib. The girls was there and it just made it easier to be close to Kash than in Jersey right now.

I sighed blinking back tears as I watched my cousin came out a court side door in shackles, still in the same clothes she had on 3 days ago when she got arrested.

I had to put my head down before I broke a nigga jaw.

I felt Riley wiggle her engagement ring hand into my balled up fist.

My leg shook as Kash's handcuff clicked together as she slow walked to the her spot next to her lawyer in front of the Judge's bench.

The Judge looked up from reading her papers, tilting her glasses down on her nose.

"These charges Miss East, are not nice to say the least...how does your client plead?"

The Judge looked over to Kash's lawyer for her plea

"Not guilty your Honor, my client Miss East is an upstanding Entrepreneur from Harlem, who has been running her own Salon for 5 years now.

Miss East has never had a run in with the law and from the police report in front of you the victim in question came to my clients business, welding a gun, my client meerly restrained the victim but unfortunate a shot did go off in the process of tussling for the gun.

I have here in the courtroom today Miss East's boyfriend, Mr. Romelo Santiago who was an eye witness to the altercation.

I damn near choked on my words as my head spun to my left side to see Rocko stand up with a sly grin on his face

What the fuck these two niggas cook up?

I shook my head as Rocko recounted a similar story to the real one, but with his story Shantel had the gun and Kash took it from her.

"Thank you Mr. Santiago, now has this gun been recovered?"

The Judge turned her attention back to Kash's lawyer

"No Judge, it has not"

I smiled to myself

Thank God, I took that shit

"Well Miss East, it seems you were acting in self defense...but these charges are still serious...your victim is still in intense care fighting for her life..... at this moment I believe the story of your boyfriend and the good standing you have in your community and I believe you truly didn't mean to harm the victim...but someone's life is on the line because of your actions.... with that being said

The Judge tussled with the papers, before she stacked them neatly in front of her, looking down from behind her bench chair, my stomach tied into knots as my leg shook intensely.

...I'm going to grant you bail at $200,000 and put you on house arrest until your next court date... which will be..... 3 months from now...for now Miss East you are free to go... but if anything changes with your victims condition, I'll be seeing you sooner than you think"

Next Day, East Harlem, NY

RILEY

"How's Kashmere?"

I was currently sitting on Rose's couch breast feeding Kinsley, talking with my Nan and Rose.

"She's home now thank God, but shes on house arrest and had to shut the shop down for now, she's having Dave and Rocko set up her extra bedroom as a Salon today."

I finished feeding Kinsley and began burping her over my shoulder.

"Good for her, I'm glad she's still doing what she loves... Imma text her right now and make an appointment"

I smiled at my Nan as she reached in her purse to pull out her phone to text Kash

"Hmm you aint slick, gettin' your hair done for what...matter of fact who?"

I continued to burp Kinsley as I listened to Rose as she sipped from her wine, looking over long stem glass at my Nan, who couldn't stop smiling

"Girl hush and stay outta my biz-ness"

My Nan stuck her tongue out at Rose as they touched wine glasses and continued to sip.

"Hmm, ya'll ain't slick.... imma figure out whats going on... but I already got the feeling"

And as if on cue, Nasir came through Rose's front door holding a sleeping Samantha over his shoulder

We all three shared a look before we bursted into laughter

"What the hell did I just walk in on?"

Comment, Like, Vote
- M