🌹43

Top 2 and I'm not 2!!! Thank you to all those that are reading Love N The City..

Top 2 and I'm not 2!!!  Thank you to all those that are reading Love N The City

This chapter is dedicated to @somiyaj 💙

RILEY

All eyes now fell on me as I tried not to make eye contact with the surveillance video again.

It had been 17 years since my father was murdered in front of me and the face of the man that killed him I would never forget.

Flashback

October 5th, 1999, Harlem N.Y.

Riley sat in the backseat of her father's Suburban as she hummed alone to Aaliyah. It was her father's favorite singer and the song currently playing was the father daughter duo opportunity for car Karaoke.

"aight Lee, this ya' part"

Riley Sr. turned slightly in his drivers seat to flash a mega watt smile at his pride and joy. He smiled brightly as Lee Lee sung her little heart out along to Aaliyah's hit song "Try Again"

"Cause if at first you don't succeed
You can dust it off and try again
Dust yourself off and try again, try again (and again)"

Riley bobbed her long pigtails that her Nan had did for her this morning as her and Riley Sr. continued their ride home.

"Lee Lee, you figure out what you want for dinner tonight?"

Riley Sr. asked as he pulled up to a red light.

"Nuggets!"

Riley Sr. couldn't do nothing but laugh as his daughter dancing excitedly in her car seat. Riley Sr. loved his daughter more than life its self, she was truly his bestfriend. Riley Sr. was for sure the hands on type of dad. If his daughter had a cold, Riley Sr. was taking her to the doctor. If Lee Lee had dance practice or a recital, Riley Sr. and his parents were the ones cheering her from the crowd.

To put it nicely, Riley Sr. was a single dad doing the damn thing.

Having Lee Lee changed Riley Sr., all the bullshit and running the streets he left behind the minute his Lee Lee was born. Riley Sr. put his daughter first, opening his own Barbershop 8 years ago in Harlem after Lee Lee turned 6 months old. After Lee Lee arrived he wanted better for his child and his family, or so he thought.

He shook his head as the light changed to green and the two continued their ride home.

"Dad! I have a bestfriend.. I forgot to tell you!"