🌹27

Short chapter but necessary

3AM

KING

I sped across the Bronx Expressway and made it to Shantel's crib in no less than 30 mins.

I doubt kno' why her dumb ass didn't just take her to the hospital

Shaking my head, I parked my Range a block away from Shantel's apartment building and made a mad sprint to Shantel's building. It was brick ass out here at 3 am.

I rang her bell and waited for her to buzz me. Once I heard the sound I needed to enter. I jogged up the steps, fuck a elevator right now.

I knocked on Shantel door as I sent Riley a quick text letting her know where I was in case she woke up.  I yawned as I put my phone back in my sweats pocket as I heard Samantha's small coughs as Shantel opened the door looking exhausted.

I gave her a once over, noticing she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"What's wrong Princess, heard you been  coughn'?"

I followed behind Shantel further into her crib locking her down behind me in the process.

" let me wash my hands, can you go in the bathroom and turn the water on hot as it can go and strip her down for me "

" what? why?"

" look Shantel it's 3 the in fucking morning, I'm not about to stand here and argue with you.. what you call me fo' if you ain't want my help"

I walked into Shantel's kitchen and washed my hands before I came back to her and took Samantha out her arms, kissing her forehead.

Little coughs proceeded as my heart went out to my lil baby

" let me get you right princess"

I walked to the bathroom with Samantha in my arms as she keep coughing like it was nobodies business.

Once I got into the bathroom, I turned the water on all the way hot in the tub and began to strip Samantha out of her onesie.

" How long she been coughing?"

" All day really, after you left last night she has just been horrible"

I looked up from what I was doing and ice grilled Shantel

" Imma let that shit slide because you tired , but don't talk that shit around me.. understand?"

She quickly nodded as she tried to run her hands through her tangled hair.

Soon the bathroom was filling up with steam and I had Samantha down to her diaper. I passed her to Shantel quickly.

" hold her right quick"

I began to take my hoodie and undershirt off, laying it down on the toilet seat cover.

" Give her here"

I reached out for Samantha as Shantel just stared at my chest.

I kissed my teeth, taking a coughing Samantha from Shantel and closing the door in her face.

" King let me in! What you doing with my baby"

I rolled my eyes at the door as I held Samantha  bare against my chest sitting down on the floor with my back against the tub.

I grabbed my phone and went to my Apple Music and smiled as I found the song I was looking for.

More and more steam filled the bathroom to the point only a huge white cloud covered the entire room.

Soon the song began to play and Stevie Wonders - Isn't She Lovely filled the bathroom.

I rubbed Samantha's back as her coughing began to fade out into a light snore.

I reached over with one arm, turning the tub faucet water off.

I yawned again as I leaned my head back against the tub getting as comfortable as my tall frame could possibly get in this small ass bathroom.

I continued to rub Samantha's back and subonsciously in her sleep she grabbed one my chains hanging around my neck.

I chuckled to myself as I continued to humble to Stevie Wonder, letting my lil princess get some much needed rest.

Thoughts?

Comment, Like, Vote
- M