. Despite Our Flaws .

Book: Despite Our Flaws
Author: eddyray26
Genre: General Fiction

|| REVIEW ||

Title and Cover:

When it comes to the title and cover of the book, your work is amazing!
The title is crisp and intriguing. It is something that genuinely attracts readers, because we all are flawed and we all love a story that looks past people's flaws.

The cover is fascinating. It's undoubtedly one of the best. Its something I would find in a book store. The fonts, the quote and the little thing you did with the 'y' deserves some serious compliments.

10/10 there. No questions asked!

Summary:

The summary was slightly descriptive but well written. It was interesting and made me want to read more. I liked how the story is set in India, for I have not read many stories with such a background. The little descriptions about the two characters were just enough, without revealing much about the story.

So, 9/10!

Plot:

The plot is interesting and fun to read. However, the first chapter had a very quick transition. From a crying girl boarding a train without a ticket to being selected as an actress in a film, was a fast jerk in the story.
Then again, I guess you needed that spark to get on with the story.

Hence the plot is good to go. I would definitely pick up this book for light reading after a tiresome day.

So 8/10!

Characters:

Aashriya depicts a normal girl with high aspirations. Her character is quite relatable and easy for readers to connect with. So a job well done there!

Aadesh is a fine character as well. He seems like a guy from our dreams.

I like the names of the characters. They were pretty different and new, which is a plus point.

8.5/10 for that!

Description and Storytelling:

I loved your first chapter. It had a nice beginning. The emotions you portrayed were perfect and justified each and every one of her actions.

Just one negative point would be the first two chapters of this book where you added the author's note and a picture of the place where this story is set. Although it's a nice touch to the story, I personally like to enter head on into the story from the very beginning. Hence it seems a little unnecessary to me. You could have added it in the later parts of the story.

Apart from that, all your other chapters were well constructed. The dialogues flowed really well with the content. I specifically liked the ending of each chapter. It made me want to continue reading.

9/10!

Grammar and Vocabulary:

It's great how you entailed the entire story in the present tense and in a first person's point of view. It creates a good connection with the readers.

Your vocabulary was well placed. I liked how the length of the chapters were worked out pretty well.

There were a few punctuation errors. Just try not starting a sentence with a conjunction like 'and' or 'because' and such.

Also, don't end a dialogue with a period.
Example: You wrote-
"Good morning." He chirps.

Instead use-
"Good morning," he chirps.

You made this mistake a lot. However, don't worry. There's nothing that a little editing can't fix.

So, 7/10!

Hence a total of 51.5 out of 60. That's pretty impressive!

Just fix your little grammatical errors. That's all.
Your story is well written and the plot is well developed. Work on your later  chapters as well and I am sure this story will turn out fabulously.
Great work!
Happy writing!

Great work!Happy writing!