• Dear Awkward Boy •

BOOK: Dear Awkward Boy
AUTHOR: WhenMiraWrites
GENRE: Short Story

~   ~   ~

|| BOOK REVIEW ||

Title & Cover:

The title is appropriate for the plot. It couldn't have been better. It is intriguing and attractive.

I love the cover. It is perfect. The picture, the layout, the font, the way the face of the boy is hidden- everything spells professional and perfection. I can't say I have ever been more impressed with a cover.

10/10! I could give you a plus 10 for the cover! ❤

Summary:

The summary is short, crisp and to the point. It is well framed and has the exact amount of details one would look for. It makes the readers interested.

10/10! Good job!

Plot:

The plot is so well planned. It is mature and highly relatable. It has been beautifully executed too.

The concept of a bully writing letters to the bullied is impressive. It shows us that everyone has a hidden story to tell. It banishes the general concept of stereotypes which is great.

9/10!

Characters:

Both the awkward boy and the bully has been captured well with your words.

The differences in their characters couldn't be portrayed well.

I loved how you described the dilemma inside the bully's head between maintaining his reputation and apologizing to his victim.

It shows us that no one is perfect, but we could always make an effort to become better. It makes us like the bully as well as the awkward boy.

10/10! Without a doubt!

Description & Storytelling:

The short letters and your crisp description style is really good.

It has the exact amount of emotion and depth to it.

I like how the pace flows smoothly. The description suits the genre very well.

9.5/10!

Grammar & Vocabulary:

I didn't find any grammatical errors.

Your vocabulary was very appropriate for the story.

10/10!

Total: 58.5 out of 60! That's incredible!

Keep writing and surprising readers!

Good Luck! ❤