• The Boys Dream •

BOOK: The Boys Dream
AUTHOR: @IslandApricot
GENRE: Short Story

|| BOOK REVIEW ||

Title & Cover:

The title is different and intriguing. The cover is really nice and attractive. It's how I would expect a published book's cover to be. The background and font selection is really good.

However, the small scribble you added below the title is too small to be  seen properly. Also, the relation of the title and the cover to plot is hard to point out.

8.5/10!

Summary:

It was nicely described. Every character was explained well in short. The summary itself raises a lot of curiosity among readers.

However, there are a lot of grammatical errors in there, even in the first line.

8/10!

Plot:

The plot is different. It's something I highly appreciate.
You have focussed on a lot of social issues in this book. It's impressive.

However, the storyline is a tad bit controversial and slightly complicated due to the skip in timelines and point of views in every chapter.

The last bits you added at the end of each chapter are very intriguing. Nice touch.

As much as I like the idea of this story, I have to say that it could have been a little more refined and compact.

8/10!

Characters:

Each character is portrayed beautifully in each chapter. It's so good that you genuinely feel attached to them from the very start.

Cyril and his father is bound to leave a mark on every reader, along with the character of Justin.

9/10! Good job!

Description & Storytelling:

Your art of storytelling captures the minds of readers. I like how you added more depth to the character in every chapter.

The format is very well planned. Very good presentation!

I like how you left somethings for the readers to understand, but I would have liked a little more explanation on certain parts, for example- chapter two.

8/10!

Grammar & Vocabulary:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of grammatical errors, such as follows:

1. Too many commas instead of periods.

2. Sentences are not framed well. Missing conjunctions.

3. Some spelling and typing errors here and there.

4. Vocabulary can be improved.

But nothing a little polishing can't improve.

5.5/10!

Total:

47 out of 60! Well done!

You have a good writing style

You have a good writing style. You just have to improve your grammar. Polish up your story and you can even get a perfect score of 60/60.

Keep writing and surprising readers!

Good Luck! ❤