• Witchfire •

Book: Witchfire
Author: -SkylarJones-
Genre: Fantasy

|| REVIEW ||

Cover and Title:

The title matches with the story very well. It is interesting and spooky at the same time.

The cover is PERFECT!
It's what I would expect for a fantasy or adventure story. The picture, font, color, everything adds up together. It is attractive and I love it!

10/10! Without a doubt!

Summary:

The summary is appropriate and synchronizes with the plot. It is mysterious and interesting. Your introduction to the protagonist was framed very well.

However there seemed to be a mistake in the last sentence. Just look over it once.

9/10! Well done!

Plot:

The plot idea is mysterious and satisfying for a fantasy book. Witches and fires are pretty intriguing.

It is very well paced.

It is novel and holds quite strong, as far as I have read.

The map you added at the end of the chapter was well thought off. Great idea!

8.5/10!

Characters:

Keris and Jurian seem pretty strong characters.
The difference in their personalities and ideology is well portrayed.

Their names even suit the genre pretty well. Nice touch!

Even the minor characters were well defined.

I love how you slowly introduced the characters by setting the moods and background for each of them.

10/10! Good job!

Description and Storytelling:

Your descriptions are perfect.
The way you start the first chapter is incredible. With the fire, you provide an insight to Keris as well as the title of the story.

Each chapter starts well and concludes well. It has a rhythmic flow and the dialogues are even constructed with precision.

However, you could have included a little more dialogues here and there.

9.5/10!

Grammar and Vocabulary:

There weren't too many grammatical errors that I happened to stumble upon.

You vocabulary is cleverly used throughout the story.
However, there is always room for improvement when it comes to grammar.

8/10!

So that makes a total of 55 out of 60! Well done!

I have to say that your writing style is pretty flawless. I saw how your chapters were well edited and it was impressive. It kept me hooked! Keep up the good work. Never stop surprising readers.

Good luck and keep writing!

Good luck and keep writing!❤