Ch. 1 The Preface

Cassandra Jane Lopez is happy to know that her junior year is over and that she'll be on summer vacation. She's been studying her finals nonstop and is glad that she'll be taking a break from studying. While in school, she been texting her best friend nonstop missing her badly since she left. Her best friend is no other than Isabella 'Bella' Swan, and they have been best friends since Kindergarten. She noticed that Bella hasn't been texting her lately as she used too. So, she decided to go to Forks, Washington during the summer to surprise Bella.

Since Cassandra turned eighteen-years-old during the spring, her mother trusts her to go to Forks by herself. Her mother helped Cassandra carried the luggage into the airport as they give each other hugs. 

" You got everything right?" Cassandra's mother named Miranda Lopez asked.

" Yes, mom" Cassandra smiled at her mother.

Miranda's eyes softened. 

" I can't believe that my little girl is eighteen-years-old and is going to a far away state to visit a childhood friend" She gives her daughter a loving smile. " Say hi to Bella for me" She hugs her daughter close.

Cassandra hugs her mother tightly. 

" I will" She smiled. 

" Flight to Forks, Washington is now boarding" The intercom speaks up which grabbed their attention. 

" Call me when you get there" Miranda hugs her daughter again. 

" Of course" Cassandra smiled hugging her mother again. 

They let go of each other as Miranda watches her only child on board the plane. Tears welled up in Miranda's eyes as she waved goodbye to Cassandra. 

Cassandra found her seat and sat down. She turned her head to the right seeing her mother in the distance. She waved feeling a bit sad that she's leaving Phoenix, but she knows that she'll have fun in Forks, Washington. She looked away from the window and closed her eyes feeling the plane moving. She decided to take a nap because her flight is 2 hour and 53-minutes long. A smile graced her lips feeling excited to see her best friend since she hasn't seen her for a year. She wonders how Bella is doing and hopes that Bella would be happy for her arrival.