Ch. 2 Bella's missing

Cassandra wakes up feeling someone shaking her shoulders. She opens her eyes and sees the flight attendant looking down at her. The flight attendant explained to Cassandra that they are finally at Forks, Washington. Cassandra smiled feeling excited to see her best friend and hang out with her during the summer. She stepped out of the plane and walked towards the luggage area. She grabbed her luggage and walked out of the airport when she spots Bella's father, Charlie Swan standing in front of a police car.

" Mr. Swan!" Cassandra happily greets Charlie. 

Charlie looked forward and smiled when he sees Cassandra. 

" Cas. Please call me Charlie" He tells her. 

Casandra smiled at him. 

" Sure thing!" She gives him a big hug. 

Charlie hugs Cassandra back. 

" Bells must be getting out of school right now since she's starting summer vacation today" He informed her. " Bells would be so happy to see you" He grabs Cassandra's luggage for her. 

Cassandra smiled. 

" Thanks for picking me up Charlie" She enters the police car. 

Charlie chuckles.

" No problem. Bells talk about you nonstop. You are practically family now" He tells her. 

Cassandra blushed feeling happy that Charlie sees her as a part of his family. She only has a mother, so she doesn't know how a father's love is like. She puts her seat belt on and taps her right knee holding in her excitement. 

Charlie puts Cassandra's luggage in the trunk and closes it. He walks to the driver side and opens the door. He sits down and puts the seat belt around his waist. He closed the door and turned the car on. He drives out of the airport and heads towards Forks, Washington. 

Throughout the ride, Charlie and Cassandra converse with each other. Their topics were mainly about Bella and life. A couple of hours later, they finally arrived at Forks, Washington. Charlie showed Cassandra around and told her where Bella and his favorite spots are. Cassandra smiled finding Forks peaceful and quiet. 

" It's gorgeous here. I don't know why Bella tells me it's gloomy" Cassandra giggles.

Charlie drives towards the Swan house and enters the driveway. He chuckled at Cassandra's comment.

" She's starting to accept the coldness of Forks" He tells her. " Your room is already set up. I told Bells not to enter the guest room because I didn't want to ruin the surprise" He looks at her.

Cassandra smiled.

" Thanks, Charlie!" She gives him a side hug. 

" Anything for my daughter's best friend" Charlie smiled. 

They got out of the car.

Cassandra walked towards the house remembering the pictures that Bella sent to her via emails. She turned her head back and saw Charlie pulling her luggage out of the trunk. Charlie closed the trunk and walked towards the house. He pulled out his house key and opened the door for them. 

" Remind me to give you an extra" Charlie looks at her.

Cassandra nods her head. 

They entered the house. 

Charlie guides Cassandra up the stairs to her new room. He opens the door and lets Cassandra in the room first. Cassandra entered the room and smiled having a warm feeling about this place. 

" I love it!" Cassandra tells Charlie

Charlie smiled. 

" Glad you love it" He pats Cassandra's right shoulder. " I'll be downstairs if you need me" He tells her.

Cassandra nods her head watching Charlie leave the room. She heard his footsteps going down the stairs. She grabbed her luggage and placed it down on her bed. She hummed a song and started to unpack. She put all of her clothes in their proper places while putting her toiletries in the bathroom. 

Thirty minutes later, Cassandra finished packing. She smiled feeling happy that everything is arranged and organized. Her stomach growled which made her blush because she hasn't eaten anything since she left Phoenix. She stepped out of her room and walked down the stairs seeing Charlie with a serious expression on his face while talking on the phone. She stayed quiet letting Charlie speak on the phone. 

" Thank you for telling me" Charlie hangs up the phone and turns around seeing Cassandra standing by the stairs. 

" Charlie?" Cassandra looks at him with a worried expression on her face.

Charlie frowns.

" Bella's missing" He tells her.

Cassandra's eyes widened. 

" I thought she was in school?" She asked him.

Charlie sighed.

" I thought so too" He frowned. " That Cullen boy must have done something to Bells" He wears an angry expression on his face.

Cassandra blinks wearing a confused expression on her face.

" Bella didn't tell you?" Charlie sounded a little surprised.

" Didn't tell me what?" Cassandra's eyebrow raised.

" Bells been dating for a year now" Charlie informed her.

Cassandra gasped.

" She never told me this!" She frowned. " That's why she rarely texts me because she's been busy with her boyfriend" She sighed sadly. 

Charlie frowned.

He didn't like that his daughter pushed away her childhood friend because of Edward. He sighed thinking that it's time to have a father-daughter talk. He decided that he'll talk with Bella later when he finds her because he wants to make sure that his daughter is safe.