Ch. 22 You two are going to be parents?!

Cassandra stayed quiet remembering Alice announcing that Victoria is going to bring her newborn army by December when winter begins. She started to get worried because her pregnancy would show by then. She didn't know how it happened but the months seem to go by fast because all the Cullens and pack do is train, patrol around Forks and the reservation, make sure that the Swans and Uley house are safe, and try to catch Victoria as much as they can. It's now December, Cassandra is seven months pregnant and Sam immediately figured out that his imprint is pregnant when her belly shows through her clothes. Cassandra and Sam are in the Uley house alone as Sam decided to ask Cassandra why she kept her pregnancy a secret from him.

" I didn't want you to get stress..." Cassandra whispers.

She looks down placing her hands on her pregnant belly giving her unborn child a gentle hug. She's wearing a long gray dress, black tights, gray ugg boots, and a blue jean jacket.

" What do you mean get me stress?" Sam asked wearing a confused expression on his face

Cassandra looks up at him in the eyes.

" You are the only shapeshifter among the others that trains 24/7!" She shouts feeling moody. " You patrol with every member of your pack and you come home by 12 AM!" She cries as tears fell from her eyes. " I miss you, Sam. I miss being in your arms and I miss being with you all the time" She hides her face with her hands feeling embarrassed about her moodiness. 

Sam's eyes saddened feeling bad that he made his imprint sad. 

He looks down at her pregnant belly. He feels dumb that he didn't notice sooner that his imprint is carrying his child. He just thought that Cassandra gets moody and sick because of her period each month. He didn't want to say anything because he loves his imprint so much but he thought her pregnant belly was fat because of all the food she been eating.  He kneels down in front of Cassandra and gently placed his head on her pregnant belly.

Cassandra puts her hands to her sides as she looks down at Sam. 

" Hey...." Sam whispers. " I-I'm your father" He blushed feeling his heart skipped a beat. " I'm sorry for not noticing you sooner" He wears an embarrassed expression on his face. " Your father is dumb" He mumbles. " But I'm happy that your mother is carrying you because I love you both so much" He smiled giving Cassandra's pregnant belly a loving kiss. 

Cassandra blushed and smiled. 

" Does the others know about you being pregnant?" Sam asked as he stood up. 

" Well, Leah is the first one to know because she gave me the pregnancy test" Cassandra tells him. 

" No wonder she helps you around the house a lot" Sam mumbles. " I just thought she did it out of kindness" He teased Leah a bit. 

Cassandra pouts.

" Leah is my best friend, Sam" She looks at him in the eyes. " After Leah, Alice and Rosalie knows and they are planning to do a baby shower after this war thing is over" She smiled feeling excited about the baby shower.

" Do you know the gender of the baby?" Sam asked.

Cassandra shakes her head.

" Good because I wanna be there when it happens" Sam smiled. " After this whole newborn army thing finish. I am going to talk with Carlisle about giving you an ultrasound" He gives Cassandra a loving kiss on her lips.

Cassandra blushed looking at Sam with loving eyes.

" Y-Your not mad at me?" She asked.

Sam looks at Cassandra.

" Why would I be mad at you?" He asked. " You made me a father and that makes me so happy. Remember what I told you back at Phoenix" He looks at her in the eyes. " I would never leave you and our children" He takes her hand to his lips and kisses it gently. " I would cherish you and our children with my whole life" He smiled.

Cassandra blushed. 

" Well....S-Surprise birthday gift" She hugs him.

Sam chuckles hugging his imprint back.

" I forgot I'm turning 22 today" He smiled. " Thank you so much for loving me and carrying my child in you" He kissed her head, face, and then lips.

Cassandra giggles feeling happy that Sam is happy. She hugs Sam close to her not wanting to let him go. She hides her face against his chest and smells his scent which she loves so much. She nuzzled her head against his chest.

While the two hugged, the pack overheard their conversation. Everyone except Leah looked shocked that Sam got Cassandra pregnant. Seth couldn't contain the excitement anymore and barged in.

" You two are going to be parents?!" Seth shouts. 

Cassandra and Sam's eyes widened letting go of each other. They turned seeing Seth and the others enter the house. Cassandra blushed wearing an embarrassed expression on her face while Sam smiled.

" Yeah. We are going to be parents" Sam informed them. 

" A little Sam. He's going to be a tough one" Paul mumbled. " But if the kid turns out to be like Cassandra. Then she's going to be a beauty when she's older" He smirks.

Embry glared at Paul. 

" Whoever the child takes after would be perfect no matter what, Paul" He growls lowly as he turns to Cassandra. " Congrats on your pregnancy, Cassandra" He smiled at her. 

Cassandra smiled at Embry.

" Thank you" She feels happy that Embry doesn't mind who her child takes after. 

While everyone said congrats to Sam and Cassandra. Jacob gets a phone call from Bella informing him that the Cullens are waiting for the pack to join them since Victoria and her newborn army are coming soon. Jacob nods his head and hangs up looking at everyone with a serious expression on his face.

" Guys. It's time" Jacob tells everyone. 

Cassandra's smile fades away when she heard Jacob say that. She frowns feeling scared for Sam and the others. She grabs Sam's right hand and looks at him in the eyes. Sam looks back at Cassandra and smiled reassuring her that he'll be okay.