Ch. 17 Cassandra's in danger

Cassandra walks around the hallways of Forks High school. She looks around wondering where Bella is at. Earlier in the morning, Sam told Cassandra that the councilmen of Quileute are hosting a Bonfire at night. Cassandra is curious and excited about the bonfire because Sam told her that she'll get to hear the legends since she's an imprintee. She stops walking and smiled when she sees Bella with the Cullens. 

" Bella!" Cassandra shouts running towards her. " May I have a word with you please?" She asked. " Sorry, pretty boy but I'm taking her" She takes Bella's hand and drags her away from Edward and his siblings. 

" Hahaha. Pretty boy. She's now my favorite human" Edward's brother Emmett Cullen laughed loudly.

Edward rolled his eyes at Emmett. 

He looks forward trying to read Cassandra's thoughts but all he hears is silence. He sighed in frustration wondering why he can't read Cassandra's thoughts. 

Cassandra and Bella looked at each other in the eyes.

" What's wrong?" Bella asked. 

" The Quileute councilmen are hosting a bonfire. I was wondering if you want to come. Jacob is going to be there. So, you can hang out with him if you like" Cassandra tells her.

Bella stays quiet remembering what happened last night with Edward at her house. She bites her lips wondering if she should tell Cassandra about Edward and his family being vampires. She doesn't want Cassandra to get hurt because of Victoria's hatred towards her since Edward killed Victoria's mate. She smiled at Cassandra telling her that she'll love to go to the reservation with her. 

" Sweet! Sam is going to pick us up after school. So, we can go to the reservation" Cassandra gives Bella a hug as the bell rings for students to go to their first classes. " I'll see you at lunch!" She lets go of Bella and runs off to her first class. 

It's lunch time and Cassandra arrived at the cafeteria. She walked towards Bella's table and sat between Bella and Edward's sister Alice Cullen. Alice's eyes sparkle telling Cassandra that her outfit is beautiful on her. Cassandra smiled telling Alice that she brought the outfit when she went shopping at Phoenix last year. Her outfit consists of a white top, blue jean shorts, floral pattern sweater [ I don't know what's it called], brown sandals, and a necklace that has a black wolf that was given to her by Sam on her 19th birthday. 

" I just know we are going to be the best of friends!" Alice smiled brightly

" I just know we are going to be the best of friends!" Alice smiled brightly. " I would love to have you as my shopping buddy" She stared at her with an excited expression on her face.

Cassandra laughs. 

" I would love to be your shopping buddy" She smiled at her.

Alice squealed giving Cassandra a hug. 

Cassandra laughs finding Alice adorable.

Alice lets go of Cassandra and zoned out. Edward turned to Alice looking into her mind and sees Cassandra sitting on a rocking chair with a hand on top of a big belly. Edward and Alice looked at each other in the eyes. 

' Cassandra is going to get pregnant. Her face still looks young though. So she'll probably be pregnant by this year' Alice thought.  

Edward hummed wearing a thoughtful expression on his face. 

' I need to tell Sam about Cassandra being in danger' He thought to himself. ' If Victoria has Cassandra's scent, she will stop at nothing to get what she wants' He sighs. ' Even though Sam is a shapeshifter, he's actually a good guy and I could tell that he loves Cassandra with all of his heart' He glanced at Cassandra who is talking with Rosalie.

The bell rang for students to go back to class. Everyone left the cafeteria and went their separate ways. A couple of hours passed and the bell rang indicating students that school is over. Cassandra runs to the senior hallway seeing Bella putting her stuff away in the locker. She smiled asking Bella if she's ready to go. 

" I'm ready" Bella smiles. 

Cassandra and Bella walk out of the school building with Edward following them. Cassandra looks forward feeling happy when she sees Sam in their car. She walks towards the car and greets Sam with a kiss. She ignores the people staring at them because the car is a 2006 Black Mustang GT which use to belong to her but now she shares the car with Sam. She pulls back telling Sam that she's bringing Bella along with them to the bonfire. 

" Alright. Hey, Bella" Sam greets Bella politely. 

Bella waves at Sam.

" Sam" Edward speaks up giving Sam a serious expression on his face. " May I have a word with you please?" He asked.

Sam nods his head getting out of the car.

Cassandra watched both men walked away from them. She blinks wearing a confused expression on her face. She turns to Bella asking her if she knows what Edward wants to tell Sam. 

Bella shakes her head not wanting to scare Cassandra. She gets inside the car and puts the seatbelt around her waist waiting for Edward and Sam to finish talking.

" What's up?" Sam asked.

Edward stares at Sam. 

" Cassandra's in danger" He whispered so Sam could only hear. 

Sam's eyes narrowed.

 His wolf side growled asking Edward what he means about his imprint being in danger.

Edward explained that someone entered the Swans house at night and went inside Cassandra's room which still contained her scent.

Sam looks back at Cassandra who is staring right at him with worried eyes. He sighs rubbing the back of his neck. 

" Let's meet up again and talk about what we should do later. Right now, I'm taking the girls to the reservation" He tells Edward.

Edward nods his head watching Sam go back to his car. He watched the car drive out of the school and disappeared out of his sight. His eyes widened when he forgot to tell Sam that Cassandra would get pregnant in the future. He hummed thinking about keeping the pregnancy a secret due to a lot of stuff going on.