Ch. 20 You can't tell him

A month has passed since Cassandra and Sam mated at the Cullen's house. That night the pack and Cullen coven made an alliance to protect Cassandra and Bella. Ever since Sam mated with Cassandra, he has been protective of her. When he's away, he asked Embry and Jared to watch over her for him. Now that they know Cassandra is being hunted by an angry vampire named Victoria who mistook her scent for Bella. Sam has been posting schedules for the pack so they know who, when, where and what time their patrols begin. 

Cassandra has been worried for Sam and the packs' safety lately. She doesn't know why but her moods changes either to happiness, sadness, worried, or anger. She has been eating a lot lately and one time Seth joked asking her if she's a shapeshifter.

Leah lightly hits Seth's head as she rolled her eyes at him. She noticed Cassandra's strange behavior and decided to go to the pharmacy by herself to buy a pregnancy test for Cassandra. She remembers Cassandra telling her and Kim about her night with Sam at the Cullen's house. She just wants to make sure that what she's thinking about is true or not. If it's true then she's going to threatened Sam to be there for Cassandra's side since Cassandra would think that Sam won't want her now that she's pregnant. 

Early in the morning, Cassandra woke up to go to the kitchen and get herself a jar of peanut butter to eat with crackers. Sam wasn't home because he left to do patrols with Jacob and Paul around the reservation to see if Victoria is around since Cassandra's scent is strong in the reservation. Inside the house is Embry who is watching TV at the living room with Jared sitting next to him on the couch. Leah arrived at the house with the pregnancy test packet in her purse. Embry and Jared oddly stared at Leah because they have never seen her with a purse before until now. 

" What?" Leah asked with a raised eyebrow. " It's not okay for me to have a purse?" She stared at them.

Embry and Jared didn't say a word letting Leah walk towards Cassandra. 

Leah looks at Cassandra and smiled greeting her with a hug. She asked how Cassandra is feeling since it's been a while since she last saw her. Cassandra smiled telling Leah that she's been craving a lot of food lately. Leah nods her head holding her purse close to her chest wondering how she should tell Cassandra to take the pregnancy test without freaking her out. She looks at Cassandra and eyes widened when she sees her throwing up. 

Embry and Jared immediately stood up from the couch looking at Cassandra with worried eyes. They didn't know what's going on and asked Cassandra if she's okay. Leah turned to the guys and glared at them.

" She's okay! I'm going to take her to the bathroom. Don't say anything to Sam yet" Leah shouts at them. 

Embry and Jared blinked wearing a confused expression on their faces. 

Leah wrapped her right arm around Cassandra pulling her close. She walks with her up the stairs to the room taking her to the bathroom. She watched Cassandra throw up in the toilet as she goes to closed the door. She comes back to the bathroom hearing a flush seeing Cassandra stood up straight wearing a nauseous expression on her face. She looks at Cassandra with a worried expression on her face as she pulls out a pregnancy test. 

" Leah?" Cassandra blinks staring at the pregnancy test in Leah's hands. " I..I can't" She stuttered feeling scared. " Sam and I only did it once" She tells her. 

" I know but Sam is a shapeshifter and we don't how fast the child is going to grow inside you" Leah tells her. " Heck! I don't even know if your pregnancy is going to be normal or not" She honestly tells Cassandra feeling worried about her.

Cassandra sighed taking the pregnancy test with her and closed the door to have privacy. She reads the directions and nods her head. She puts the test between her legs and did her business. She pulls it out and waits five minutes for the test to take effect. When the five minutes came up, she looks down and eyes widened reading the words ' Pregnant' on the test tube.  

' I-I'm pregnant' Cassandra thought

' I-I'm pregnant' Cassandra thought. ' I-I'm pregnant with Sam's child' She didn't know why but she felt happy knowing she's pregnant with Sam's child. ' B-But how am I going to explain it to him' She bites her lips. ' He's too focused on the search for Victoria and for my safety....' She closed her eyes and decided to keep her pregnancy a secret.

Leah waits for Cassandra and knocks on the door.

" Cassandra. Are you okay?" She asked.

Cassandra opens the door and shows Leah the pregnancy test. She wears an embarrassed expression on her face but blushed when Leah hugs her. 

Leah pulls away and looks at Cassandra with a friendly smile.

" Don't worry Cassandra. I'm going to make sure Sam knows the responsibility he has to take" She tells her.

Cassandra shakes her head.

" Don't! You can't tell him" She wears a serious expression on her face.

" Why not?" Leah's eyebrow raised. " He's the father of your child?" She asked her. " He has to know" She tells her.

Cassandra placed her hand gently on her small belly.

" I...I know but Sam is busy searching for Victoria and making sure I'm okay. I don't want him to get more stress because of me" She tears up. 

Leah's expression softened.

" Alright" She hugs Cassandra close to her. " I won't say a word..." She whispered. " Just be careful" She looks at her.  

Cassandra nods her head.

She looks down at her small belly and smiled feeling happy that she's carrying a life inside her. She turns towards the window and looks outside wearing a worried expression on her face. She isn't scared of her life anymore. She's scared for Sam's life because if he gets hurt or worst killed, he'll never know that he has a child. She's also scared for her unborn child's life because Victoria wants her dead. She closed her eyes and hugs herself praying that nothing bad happens to Sam and those that are willing to sacrifice their life for her sake.