Ch. 21 Training

Cassandra is now two months pregnant. She hasn't said anything to Sam because she's worried that she'll cause him stress. The Cullen and pack tried their best to catch Victoria but their plans aren't working. Jasper recommends to everyone that he should start teaching them how to fight when Alice found out that Victoria has created an army of newborn vampires. Sam immediately agreed that the pack should train in order to fight against newborn vampires.

Sam and Cassandra are alone at home eating breakfast. Cassandra is wearing a casual white and gray striped dress that covers her pregnant belly which is slowly growing, black tights which make her feel comfortable, and black flats. 

  " Sam, do you have to go training?" Cassandra asked looking at Sam with worried eyes

Sam looks up from his food and stares at Cassandra in the eyes. He noticed that his imprint has gotten a slight glow to her but he thinks that it's her natural beauty. 

" Yeah. The pack and I have to get ready in order to fight against the newborn vampires" Sam tells her.   

Cassandra frowns as tears welled up in her eyes.

Sam tensed up when he sees his imprint in tears. He immediately goes to her side and looks at her with worried eyes. 

" What's wrong?" He asked.

Cassandra shakes her head and rubs her eyes. She cursed her mood swings for making her feel this way. 

" I-It's nothing" She laughs a little.

Sam frowns rubbing Cassandra's cheek lightly with his finger. He didn't like seeing the love of his life in tears.

" No. Something is troubling you" He looks at her.

Cassandra sighs. 

" I'm just worried that you'll get hurt" She mumbles. " I don't want to lose you..." She whispers looking at him in the eyes. 

Sam's eyes softened.

He leans forward and gives Cassandra a loving kiss on the lips. He smiled feeling happy that his imprint is worried about his safety. 

" You can come with me to the training but you have to stay by Embry and Jared's side" Sam tells her. 

Somehow when Sam mentions Embry's name to Cassandra, it makes her happy. She doesn't know why but she enjoys Embry's company when Sam is away. Cassandra and Embry have gotten to know each other since Sam assigned him to watch over her. They noticed that they have some things in common such as going on hikes, reading, watching romantic/comedic movies, painting, and going to slow walks at the beach. Cassandra hears the door opened and smiles when she sees Embry and the others entering the house.  

" Hey, Cassandra!" Embry greets Cassandra happily while giving a serious nod to Sam. " How you been?" He asked. 

Sam greets Embry and the others.