Ch. 24 You're the reason I live

A month has passed and it's now January. 

Cassandra is now eight months pregnant. Forks and the reservation have been peaceful since the Newborn Army. Sam let Carlisle entered the treaty line, so he can treat Embry's wounds. Cassandra didn't like hearing Embry's screams of pain because it breaks her heart. Once Carlisle finished treating Embry's wounds, Sam asked Carlisle if he can give an ultrasound to Cassandra, so they can know the gender of their baby. 

" Congratulations. You two are going to have a baby girl" Carlisle announced smiling at the couple. 

Cassandra smiled feeling happy that she'll be having a daughter with Sam. She turns to Sam and giggles when she sees the excited look on his face.

" A daughter. She's going to be so beautiful like Cassandra" Sam whispers. " I must protect her at all cost" He mumbles already feeling protective of his daughter. 

Cassandra continues to take care of Embry since his wounds are healing rapidly due to his wolf genes. She's happy that Embry is going to be better because she didn't like seeing him in pain. She told Embry that she's going to have a baby girl and he smiled at her telling her that the baby is going to be beautiful and kind like her. She smiled giving thanks to Embry for protecting her from Riley. Embry reassured Cassandra that he did it because she's his friend and he didn't want anything bad to happen to her and the baby.

Cassandra steps out of the room letting Embry rest. She walks down the stairs seeing Sam looking up at her.

" How's Embry?" Sam asked.

" He's doing well. I just know that he'll be out of that cast soon" Cassandra smiled. " He's resting right now" She tells him.

Sam nods his head and looks at Cassandra in the eyes admiring her beauty. 

" Cassandra" Sam held his right hand out to his girlfriend

" Cassandra" Sam held his right hand out to his girlfriend. " There is something I want to tell you" He smiled.

Cassandra smiled taking Sam's hand with hers.

" Yes, Sam?" She blinks. 

Sam decided that it's time to propose to his beautiful girlfriend. He slowly goes on his knee and pulls out a white box. He opens the white box and reveals a beautiful engagement ring which has her birthstone on it.