Ch. 13 You're not alone

Cassandra wakes up and opens her eyes seeing Sam on top of her. She yawned as she rubs her eyes with her hands. She gets up and grabs her luggage with Sam who already has his luggage. She walks out of the airport with Sam by her side. She looks around and waves widely when she sees a taxi in the distance. 

The taxi parked in front of them as the driver gets out of the car. The driver grabs their luggage and puts them in the trunk. Cassandra and Sam sat together at the back of the car. Cassandra gives the driver the directions to her place. Her home is two hours away from the airport. She smiled softly feeling a bit excited to show Sam her childhood home. 

Two hours later and they finally arrived at Cassandra's home. The taxi parks on their driveway as he helps get the luggage out of the trunk. Cassandra and Sam get out of the taxi and looks forward staring at her house. 

" Welcome to my home" Cassandra tells Sam with a smile. 

Sam smiled thinking that Cassandra's place looks beautiful

Sam smiled thinking that Cassandra's place looks beautiful. He follows Cassandra into the house as she opens the door by using her house keys. He enters the house and looks around admiring the living room decor. 

" This place feels very warm" Sam tells Cassandra

" This place feels very warm" Sam tells Cassandra. " You and your mother must be very close" He looks at her. " Does your father live with you  two?" He asked feeling a bit nervous to meet his imprint's father. 

Cassandra stayed quiet wearing a saddened expression on her face. She closed her eyes and frowned.

" Cassandra...." Sam whispered. " I'm-" He got cut off by Cassandra who turned to look at him with a small smile on her face.

" It's okay" Cassandra reassures him. " I don't know my father that much. Mom told me that he left us when I was just a baby" She looks down sadly. " Mom doesn't want to tell me but I have a feeling that he's happy with the family that he always wanted" She plays with her own fingers. 

Sam's eyes narrowed feeling angry at Cassandra's father. He wished he could meet him so he could punch him in the face for leaving Cassandra and her father. He growls lowly remembering his own father who left him at a young age. 

" I know the feeling" Sam mumbles. " My bastard of a father left my mom and me when I was a kid" He sighed. " But I want you to know that I'm not like him" He gently lifts Cassandra's chin up to look at him. " I would never leave you and our children" He looks at her with loving eyes. " I would cherish you and our children with my whole life" He smiled.