Chapter 7 {To Japan: Part 1/2}

~Leonardo~

I arrived at the Hamato Solutions tower the next day, slightly late because I got in the daily traffic jam. When I had arrived, Dianna wasn't at her usual place at the front desk. It was very unusual for her to not be at work, unless she was stuck in a traffic jam like I had. Marianne, Karai's assistant, stopped me just as I neared the elevators, handing me some papers. "Dianna is sick with the flu, and Lynn is back, so Eliza is your assistant today," she informed. "You've met her, right?"

"Yes, I have. Thanks Marianne," I replied, stepping into the elevator.

"Oh, and Mr. Hamato, Karai would like to meet with you in her office when you have the chance," she added right before the doors shut.

I grimaced, not knowing what was to come now; you could never know what to expect with her, or Raph, for that matter. I went straight to Karai's office at the far end of the hall. She was sitting at her desk, her chair turned so she could look out the window. She looked as if she was in deep thought, so I knocked on the door, causing her to turn around sharply. I expected angry green snake eyes, but they were a playful human hazel color. She was a mutant who could shift between their human state and their mutated form, her's beong an ivory colored snake. "Are you up for travel?" She asked.

"Where to?" I inquired as I picked up a rubber band ball from a mug on her desk, tossing it around. "When and for how long?"

"Today, if you agree to go to our business in Japan for three and a half days," she replied. "Your assistant is going with you, as well, so you won't be completely alone."

"Has she agreed to this?" I asked.

"Yea, she said that she'd love to," she stated. "I got a house for you and her near Usagi's place at the water fall and the forest. You'll get half a day of free time on the fourth day, then you come back here. She's waiting for you in your office now."

"Ok, when do we leave?" I set the rubber band ball back on the desk.

"In two hours," she replied.

"Two hours! Why couldn't you tell me before I fought through traffic. I still have to pack stuff, and I'm sure that she does too. What are we taking there?"

"Our new private jet," she smiled. "Go on and tell her all she needs to know, tell her to go home and you'll meet her there, take her to your place in your car, and go to our airport. We can only fit one car into the jet."

"Ok, see you in three and a half days," I said, leaving.

"I expect a phone call!" Karai called after me.

I went to my office, reading one of the papers Marianne had handed me. "Good morning, Mr. Hamato," Eliza greeted.

"Good morning to you too, and please, call me Leo," I replied, noticing that today she wore a blue dress simular to the one before. It just so happened that the person she was assigned to wore that color most often, she had found out who she'd assist when she got to the tower. "So, about the trip to Japan, Karai said that we got a house near Usagi's and we're taking the private jet, but we can only take one car. We leave in two hours, so we better leave and get packing. I need to speak with Raph, so go on and head to your home, I'll meet you there."

She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it and began again. "Okay, see you then," she stood up and headed to the elevators.

I went across the hall to Raph's office, and opened the door. He sat at his desk, emerald green eyes focusing on the papers in front of him. He glanced up once before continuing. "Well?" He asked.

"'Well' what?" I said.

"You're going to Japan with Eliza. I can tell how you feel about her, I'm not supid," Raph smirked, pushing his papers aside.