Chapter 13

Leo wandered the bleached hospital halls with Raph. Nurses gushed over them as they walked past, and patients stared from their rooms. "Eliza has been rambling about an Aapep," the blue clad turtle told his brother once they reached an empty room.

"Are you sure it's not from shock?" Raph asked, taking a seat across the room. "She could be a little loopy from the morphine she's on, too."

"It's not from shock or drugs," he replied. "She said that the doctor was killed by this Aapep character, and that it tried to kill her."

Raph suggested, "We could send out a patrol."

"I suppose we could," Leo said. "Usagi and Alopex train warriors of their own."

"I can go ask them about using their patrols to track it down," the red clad turtle stood up once more.

"I'm going," Leo stated.

"Who will ever watch over your dearest Eliza?" Raph inquired dramatically.

"I can ask Nurse Kershaw to look after her."

"When will we leave?" Raph asked.

"Now," Leo then walked to the nurse's station, glancing into Eliza's room to see that she was asleep.

Irene smirked when she saw the buissinessman approach the desk. "What do you need, Mr. Hamato?"

"I need you to look after Eliza while Raph and I go out," he replied.

"Yes, of course, Mr. Hamato," she answered as she scribbled on someone's clipboard. "That is why I'm here."

"Thanks," Leo said before following Raph to the elevator.

~

The Hamato team, now dressed in black, stood upon the roof tops. They waited silently and watchfully. The Hamato brothers had never patrolled in Japan, so Usagi accompanied them.

The city below them buzzed and shone with flashing neon signs. Raph nudged Leo when he saw a flash from a taller building. A shot rang through the air and a man behind the leader fell with a solid thud.

"Get to higher ground because we didn't send out any snipers," Usagi ordered the group.

More shots rang out all around as the team sprinted over the roof tops. When they thought they had lost the snipers, there was only three of them left. "Something doesn't feel right about this," Leo muttered to his brother and the rabbit.

"Not one bit," Usagi agreed.

Raph's eyes widened, "It's a trap."

A soft hiss and a laugh was heard from the shadows of the buildings around them. Unnatural-looking fog rolled in above the city. The churning black fog drifted around the remaining team members.

A red-tinged snake slithered in front of them before disappearing into the fog. Leo, Raph, and Usagi huddled together in a circle with weapons drawn.

"Did you think you could run forever?" A voice echoed as it bounced off of the city buildings. "It was a poor choice, one of many that you have made."

"Show yourself!" Usagi yelled.

There was no response, but the silence hung as thick as the fog around them. No one dared to breathe as they all tried to pin point the attacker.

An eerie hiss riverated the air and a bright blue pair of eyes appeared in front of them. The snake-like eyes were hypnotic if someone was to stare too long. The fog parted enough to let moonlight shine upon the being before them.