Chapter 10

~Eliza~

My head pounded, an intense feeling of throwing out last night's liquor consumed me. I groaned as I opened my eyes, this was the first time I was really drunk. In New York I usually limited how much I drank, in the rare occasions I did drink. But, it was different this time. All I remember from last night was bright lights, some other drunken man, Leo. So much of Leo. He helped me after I punched a man, I punched a man. Then no air, the burning of my lungs over powered the burning of my throat, then Leo's soft touch, his intoxicating touch that drawed me in for more. Then, black. I must have passed out before I left the party. I hope Leo got to me in time.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was in a different room, a fimiliar room but it wasn't my room.

"It's about time you woke up." An icy voice cut through my dreamy sate. My eyes shot over to the woman standing at the door. I shot up from the bed, holding up the blankets to cover my naked body.

What happened last night?

"You can't hold your liqour well, make sure it doesn't get yourself in trouble." Karai, my boss, my hazel eyed, bob haired boss huffed.

"Wait." My voice was scratchy, my throat ached for water, "What happened last night?"

"You'll remember later, when your hangover is over." She replied before walking off. I scrambled out of the bed and struggled to put on my clothes.

I stumbled down the stairs, my eyes were dotted with black spots and my head pounded. Karai and Raph sat at the large kitchen table, their eyes glanced at me as I stumbled into the room.

"Have this." Raph pushed his glass of what I later found out was freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh eggs mix towards me, "I think you need this more than I do."

I nodded, half listening but accepted the drink. Taking the cold glass I quickly drank the odd tasting liquids, letting the drink slide down my burning throat. 

"You should take a shower, you stink." Karai criticized.

"A cold shower should help with the hangover, we also have a long day ahead of us." Raph glanced at me. "Make sure you eat before we leave." He stood up and walked out of the kitchen, disappearing into the large house.

"Like he said." Karai glared at me, "We have a long day today."

I sighed with a nod, before returning upstairs to get ready for a long, hungover, day.

******

We left the house in a silence. Four people loaded into a car, two fairly hungover and two fighting off only a slight one. I started to remember exactly why I limited my drinking as we bumped along some uneven roads. I held my head while we pattered down the road to work.

Moments of last night would flicker in and out of my memory. The bar, the fight, the car, then darkness. But something pulled at my stomach, that I was missing something. Something happened after I got into that taxi, only thing is, I was too drunk to remember. Casey would not be happy about my actions, so far I've been drunk, got into a fight, and randomly woke up in someone else's room. One of my bosses is mad at me, one was being sort of nice, the other hasn't said a word to me. I glanced at the silent turtle, he was hungover too. You could tell by his bloodshot lapis eyes and the deep raisin bags that were under them. Oddly, I felt almost nervous while staring at me, if he turned to look at me my cheeks would most likely flame up. My gut clenched,

No, no, no, no, no.

It was like a bullet to my frontal lobe. The pain that spread in my head that was grasping at memories was absolutely nothing compared to the fiery needle that pierced the area just above my collarbone on the right side. I heard the three other passengers yell, shout, scream, it was just a mix of loud noises. My eyes were feeling abnormally heavy, it was a similar tired feeling that I had the night before. Right after Leo's and my pants were in sync, our eyes that lovingly stared at each other. I heard his voice, so soft, caring yet gruff from the night's intoxicating drinks. But when I heard it this time, it was panicked, unsteady, afraid. But I wasn't, I was in a daze, memories of last night ran through my head.

  So much of Leo.

 My eyes slowly opened, I was now on the ground. I didn't bother thinking of why I was on the ground, I was focused on the pair of admiral eyes in front of me. The longer I stared into them, the more I felt the hard ground below me fading into a soft cloud. HIs eyes were a magnificent shade of blues. So many I couldn't name them all. Blue. It was the opposite color that was draining from my body, it swirled around my dress, the cloud under me, it was on Leo. Dots of it on his face, the way he was screaming begging me to stay. I have a feeling it was my blood, not only was it a gut feeling that it was mine, the was the fiery spot that was just above my collarbone.

"Eliza," His voice was so far away, but he was right in front of me.I felt his tears splash on my skin. I was burning, the shivering cold, then on fire, my nerves were playing with me, some sick game that made me want to scream. By my vocal chords didn't want to work, I didn't put the effort into yelling. The only effort I had left, was to stare into those eyes, those ocean eyes that called for me.

"Eliza." It was a cry, but also a whisper. 

"No, no, don't leave me!" I didn't want to, his eyes started to get blurry, black spots danced into my vision. 

"No, Eliza, don't leave me!" It wasn't only him yelling, I could see a faint outline of another green turtle, he was blurry, but not enough that I couldn't tell that he was moving his mouth. It was my mind selectively hearing Leo. Only Leo, he was who I needed to see before the darkness consumed his blue eyes that screamed out he was worried for me.

"Hurry, she's been shot."  

Oh, so that's what happened. Time to add another thing that Casey wouldn't be happy about me doing,

Being drunk, got into a fight, woke up in a different room, got most of my bosses mad at me, Dying.

~Chapter End~

More chapters are coming soon, and even bigger plans for our story! As always we would really appreciate if you comment, share, and vote on our stories.  

We also have stories on our separate accounts, so go check those out @hbbug3 and @k_Borchert 

Chapter by K