Chapter 12

"I can't believe it." The woman huffed and slouched in her squeaky seat, "There is no way that Eliza got shot." She rolled her eyes, "Getting drunk and sleeping with Leo, no doubt, but getting shot?" The other girls surrounding her desk nodded and sipped on their morning coffee.

"Do you think it's true?" The turtle whispered to his younger brother.

"Huh?" The younger turtle turned to him with sticky notes plastered across his green skin.

"Nevermind." He sighed and turned back to his computer.

"I dunno, man." The younger turtle wiped away the sticky notes, "I didn't know her that well." He tugged on the Chinese Finger Trap that clung to his fingers. "For all I know," He was becoming impatient with the trap, "She could be a murderer or something." He mumbled and tugged harder on the trap.

"Mikey, you're just making it worse." The older brother turned to him and helped his sibling out of the trap.

"Thanks, Don!" Mikey glowed and held the trap in one of his green palms.

"Hurry up with the paperwork, scrubs." A woman slammed a large stack of paperwork on Donnie's desk. "They're due by the end of the day. So if I were you, I'd hurry up." She snarled, and stantered away from the two turtles.

"This job is just great." Donnie rolled his eyes before taking half of the stack of papers.

"I wonder if we could buy a real apartment." Mikey pondered as he slid the other half towards him.

"If we have a job once the bosses get back, maybe." Donnie grumbled, his eyes glanced up at the group of giggling females who were doing anything to avoid actually doing their job. "You know they're taking credit for our work, right, Mikey?" Donnie turned to his brother who was doodling on his hand.

"I know, but maybe if we're nice to them they'll be nice back." Mikey looked up at his brother with a soft smile.

"I have a better idea." Donnie smirked at his brother who grinned a troublesome grin back.

The next day, the two turtles sat innocently at their desks. Both of their eyes shot up at the same woman who gave them the large amount of paperwork, standing over them with a growling face.

"My presentation." She snapped with so much venom the brothers almost flinched. "I was a fool in that board meeting." Her voice grew gradually louder that a few heads turned to get on the latest drama in the office.

"You're already a fool, I fail to see how it's our fault." Mikey smiled innocently at the female.

"How is it your fault?" Her eyes lit up into flames. "You're the ones that created the presentation!" She shouted loudly, and as their plan had it, a supervisor heard the whole thing.

"The turtles made your presentation?" The older woman crossed her arms over her badge that read, 'Supervisor Ms. M. Winchester'

"Yes, that's why I was made a fool in my meeting." The woman snapped at Ms. Winchester.

"You were supposed to make the presentation yourself, to show your skills not tell us how you abuse your employees."

"But, I-"

"We're going to have another meeting, seeing whether or not you have a job after the submitted presentation that you didn't even bother to look over, and forcing work on two of your forty underlings."

"I-"

"Not to mention your discrimination against these two young men and your poor work ethic. If I were you, I suggest you look for another job." Ms. Winchester turned on her heels and walked back to the meeting room.

"You turtles," The now soon to be fired woman turned to them, "are going to rue this day." With that she stormed off to her office as the turtles snickered and high-threed.

Meanwhile

Eliza's POV

The soft spoken, concerned turtle left the more expensive than normal hospital room. After he left the hospital room that was cleaner than my apartment, my sight wander over to the familiar man. The doctor, I didn't know him from his looks, but his voice.

"Barely a centimeter away from her nerves." It was cruel how he took pride into this statement, such a different tone than when he first saw my wound.

"She's bleeding out, I won't take her case."

"But, Doctor-"

"The bullet is barely a centimeter away from her nerves! I haven't lost a single patient and I'm not ruining that. She's a lost cause."

I didn't have to listen to him to know he changed his story, how the nurses gushed as him and how his chapped lips spread into a painfully perfect smile. He was more of a spokesperson than an actual doctor. The face of the hospital was a face that hid lies and only wanted cases that praised him name with money intake. My case, though delicate, flooded the doctors with money. Hamato was a rich name throughout the world, no doubt this hospital didn't take lightly on overcharging my care.

"No, stop." I cried out but my mouth didn't move.

"Cut her open, check to see if anything else is wrong with her."

"But, Doctor. She has no other injuries, why cut her open?"

He let out a short laugh, his white perfect teeth shining. "Question another one of my orders, and you'll be seen in the gallery."

"Yes, doctor."

He turned to look at me, he raised an eyebrow and excused himself from the nurses. He walked towards me, his smile wide showing his perfect white teeth.

"You're awake, I perfromed the surgeries perfec-"

"You're a monster." I choked out. He let out a short laugh, his white perfect teeth shone,

"I'm sorry?"

"I remember everything." He froze up under my glare, "You cut into me even though you didn't need to."

"You don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head, but fear continued to linger in his eyes.

"I'll make sure Leo knows exactly what I'm talking about. And I don't care if I was the first person you have ever cheated money out of, but I'll make sure I'm the last."

He stared at me for a moment, deciding what to do, then he broke out into a wide smile.

"I suggest you bite your tongue young lady, Aapep does not take lightly to her victims living. I did you a favor which may make my own life end. So I'm going to spend the money I just earned and live my life before death catches up with me." The doctor turned and started to walk out of my room.

"Who is Aapep?" I called out to him. He stopped and glanced at me with a chuckle.

"She's the one who shot you, and she didn't target Raph. She targeted you, because she knew it would make Leo irrational. I was supposed to finish the job. Now we're both going to die." He smiled grimly, "Stay alive, don't make me regret saving you."

Later that night, the doctor appeared on the T.V., death by 'suicide'.

~Chapter End~

More chapters coming soon! We appreciate it if you comment, share, and vote on our stories. Loki's Redemption and TMNT Together will have new updates soon, so go check out those stories!

We also have more stories on our separate accounts go to hbbug3 k_Borchert

Chapter by K