Chapter 8

~Usagi~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slapped the echoing alarm clock, my hands went back to my face to rub at my tired eyes. I stood up yawning, cracking my neck along with the rest of my aching joints. Mornings were not usually hard on me, but staying up for hours on end to prepare a presentation would result in a difficult morning. I slugged to my bathroom and was shocked to say the least. My white snow fur was scattered, knotted, matted down. The dark circles that hung under my lapis eyes made the lemon flecks stick out more than usual. My paws ached from typing, my eyes burned with the lack of sleep, my head pounded with a migraine. I looked back into the mirror and knew today was going to be a long day.

I was thirty minutes late, on one of our biggest days, I was late. My partner was not amused.

The loud clap of her slamming her fists on my desk was startling.

"This isn't funny, Usagi. You were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago to give the presentation, and where were you? At home! I gave the presentation to all of our supervisors, and they went to work. Usagi, our business is about-" As she continued on to lecture about my tardiness, my mind wondered off.

Why did the American Hamato Solutions had to come to Japan today?

"Are you even listening to me?" She barked at me, my eyes darted to look at her. Her fur white fur was bristling, her hazel eyes glared at me. I stared at the fuming artic fox,

"Yes, Alopex, I am listening." With those words, she continued on. She was right to do so, this was one of our busiest days, not to mention our other company was to arrive tonight. The fox stared at me while she continued, a fox and a rabbit, what an odd pair to run a high functioning company. For what seemed as hours, Alopex continued, until a saviour walked into the room,

"S-sir, m-ma'am." A tall man stuttered while looking at us, "W-we have a problem."

****

Alopex was staring, I was shocked, and everyone else in the department was prepared for death.

"How?" Alopex growled, the workers stared at her fearfully.

"W-well..." The senior of the department trailed off as the employees eyes wandered over to a nervous intern. I looked over at the young female, barely passing as an eighteen year old as she looked far younger.

"It's fine." I stated, I saw as the young intern released her breath in relief. "Just fix it, understand? As fast and as soon as you can." The employees nodded and got to work quickly, while my colleague was not so relieved.

"Usagi, this is serious. Our mainframe is down, and half of the building is out of power because of this! Not to mention a lot has to get done before the American Solutions show up. We have a long day ahead of us and you can not be easy on our employees."

I nodded in reply, we both needed to be strict on a day like this. "I understand, Alopex. I'll make sure everything gets fixed."

"Good." She turned on her heel and stormed down the hallway, multiple employees moving out of her way as she stalked through.

****

I huffed and stared at my computer screen, so much to do in so little time. Of course, Alopex was rushing around like a madman. Her white fur became a blur after our lunch break. Fixing the mainframe and power issues was easy, the energy from the employees and myself were the problem. Meetings after meetings, presentations and questions. The long day was taking a toll on everyone, well, almost everyone.

"Usagi," Alopex appeared in my office, "Stop sitting there and get to work." She rushed off again. I sighed, knowing she was right. I pulled out my tablet and started to make a schedule for the American Solutions.

Three and a half days.

They were staying for that long. They also booked a place close to mine, Water Fall and the Forest, a remarkable and stunning place for high business men and women to stay at. Planning the days for both business and possible sight-seeing was included on the makeshift schedule. It was being planned out, hopefully for the American Solutions to actually have fun while they were here in Japan. I looked up from the computer to see the young intern from before,

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there." I apologized, who knows how long she was standing there.

"I-it's fine, I wanted to thank you, for not telling Alopex." The girl looked at the ground.

"It's fine," I shrugged it off. "It's fixed now, so don't worry about it." I gave the nervous girl a small smile. She nodded, bowed, and quickly exited my office. The poor girl, Alopex would be scary to anyone on a day like this. She was normally calm and collected; however with the arrival of the American Hamato Solutions, she and everyone was on edge. I couldn't say I was any different, spending hours on a presentation to inform the employees was my way of showing how nervous I was. But now, I was more tired than fearful. The day wasn't anywhere near ending, and so much has already happened.

****

I drove to the airport where the jet was going to land, a crowd of reporters were already there. I was calm, and collected, which was why I went instead of Alopex. She was finishing up at the Solutions building. On a night like this, we didn't dare to send out patrols, we had too much to do in so little time. When the jet came into sight, I made my way to the front of the crowd. Placing my hand on the hilt of my sword, hopefully to cease my nerves, I stared as the jet halted to a stop. I saw the face of one of the green turtle, Leonardo I believe his name was. We had a few meetings together before, none of them worth remembering. His assistant was beside him, also looking out. Her face wasn't familiar, it had to be a new assistant. Something Alopex might have mentioned, if I was paying attention to her. The lights and voices mixed in together as the two made their way out of the jet. You could tell Leonardo was used to the lights and talking, as he simply shrugged it off. His assistant, not so much. She squinted her eyes from the light, her eyebrows knitted together trying to make out the blabbering. Leonardo was a natural with the press, but his assistant clearly was not. Something tells me this is going to be an interesting three and a half days with a diverse pair.

~End of Chapter~

Thanks for reading everyone! Vote, share, and comment. And check out these awesome books!

TMNT: Together by @fangirls_tmnt

Lost Control by k_Borchert

Tmnt ~ Life by hb_leo

Chapter by K