Chapter 20

He sighed as he stared out of the window, the rain splashed on the ground, a soft thunder rolling in the distance.

"Don't you just love the rain, Hirohito?"

"Yeah," He paused, a soft smile dancing onto his face "Yeah I do." A sudden strike of lightning illuminated the soft tears streaking down the man's face.

"Hiro!" The young boy bounced towards him, his curls that still had a faint baby blue color to it bounced with him. "I was accepted on the track team! The coach said if I was older he would have already put me on Varsity!"

"That's great," The man chuckled, "I'm so proud of you." He tilted his head back to get a better view of the rain falling, smoke pouring out of his mouth in a twirling cloud. His hands limped towards his amber intoxicant, his body ached for its bittersweet relief.

"Hiro! Hiro!" His hair sported various reds and oranges, his curly hair made it look as if crashing waves captured the sunset. "You'll come to the State Tournament, right! I'm supposed to compete with high schoolers!" His eyes were no longer brown, but freshly brewed pu-erh ginger tea struck with the early morning sunrise.

"Of course," He was now the sky, crying over something that evaporated long ago. "Anything for you, Hinata, my sunny day."

His glossy eyes didn't move from the window, even when an old friend entered his room.

"Honestly, Hiro, you should lock your doors." A playful smile was on his friend's lips, "Or are you too busy brooding in silence?"

Ignoring his friend's question, he gave one of his own, "Why are you here?"

"Came back from visiting my father," They now locked eyes, "Crazy, I know, but-"

"Your father killed people, left your family in debt." He slammed his glass of amber solution on the ground, "You hate him."

"Well," He pulled out a bottle of clear yet undoubtedly pungent liquor, "Now you know why I'm here." He chuckled lightly.

"You don't drink." He watched as his friend sat down across from him.

"Yeah," He shrugged, "But you do, and I brought water for myself." He gave a crooked smile, "And Adelise told me that you were acting weird."

"Adelise always thinks I'm acting weird." Hirohito rolled his stormy gray eyes.

"Talk to me," Hirohito felt as his friend poked his side with his foot, then his voice changed to a sympathetic whisper as if his next words would cause the whole building to crumble. "Is it Hinata, again?"

Hirohito let out a shaky sigh, another tear running down his face, "Yes." His voice managed to whimper out.

"Let's talk then," He shifted so that he sat next to him, "Tell me everything, whatever place you want to start."

He let out a short laugh and met eyes with his bright blue eyes that were slightly stained with the red residue of crying. Hirohito sighed, he clenched his fists, memories came rushing back, all bad memories. He burst,

"I remember when my mother died, not much before or after that, but I remember her last words- 'Take care of our little sunshine, Hinata'." His voice was monotone, then turned sharp, "Almost a year later my dad decided to jump off of his work building."

He knew this speech, he knew Hirohito, but each time. His tone would change when talking about his past.

"And Hinata," His tone drastically changed to a soft tone, as if he was consoling a small, crying child. "Hinata was my... he was he reason I put up with everything." He smiled lightly, "When I moved to America, everything was different. The arguing between my uncle and aunt, Hinata was growing up, I was living in New York City."