-Chapter 21-

~High School: Sophomore year~

My mom finally thought that I would start going to a REAL school filled with ignorant people and brainless idiots with nothing to do but start up drama at age 16.

I hated this offer she gave to me but soon got use to it. I had Toby and only Toby. We always hangout together and with no one else. We were use to being by ourselves.

Until, Jeff came into our lives. He was new. He looked lost and use to ALWAYS wear his hoodie over his head.

"I'm going to talk to him." I said.

"Are you nuts (Y/N)?!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"What if he thinks we're desperate? W-What if he thinks were trying to hard?"

"You're acting like you're going to ask a girl out. No worries," I said while brushing off dirt on my shoulder. "I got this."

I walk towards him by myself since Toby isn't use to the whole 'making friends process.'

He was sitting on a bench, playing on his phone. I sat next to him while watching him play a game on his iPhone 5s.

"Hi!" I said with a smile.

"Hey..."

"Whatcha doin?"

"Just..playing a game."

I could tell he liked me cause his face was fully red. I giggled and hand out my hand for him to shake.

"My name is (Y/N)."

He shakes my hand and says his name as well.

"Jeff. Jeffery Woods."

And from that day on, we came the best of friends. But one day, things took a weird turn for all of us.

"Did you hear that a kid got murdered?" I hear from a girl.

"Yea, I know. It's awful. And the worst part of it is that the murder happened at school." The other girl said.

"Is it even safe for us to stay he-"

And before they could finish, they noticed me listening to their conversations.

I walked off and found Jeff and Toby getting bullied by a bunch of, what looked like, Juniors. I ran to them and tried to pull them away.

"Quit it you bitch!"

One of them pushed me to the ground and started to dig through my backpack.

"Scram if you want to end up like her!" They said to Jeff and Toby.

The biggest one leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear: "You're nothing more than a mistake."

"Listen kid," the one pulled me up by the shirt. "Don't ever stand up to anyone but yourself cause you're gonna end up beaten up! That's why your mom is getting abused by that idiot step dad of yours and your dad is dead!"

The next thing I know, I come home with a black eye, a busted lip, and a nose bleed. I ran to my room and cried, with my teddy bear from when I was five, having cotton stick out, in my arms. I bawled all night. Never wanting to go to school again.

~End of Flashback~