16. She's With Me

Chapter Sixteen: "She's With Me"

We were parked in front of the alley and they ordered me to stay in the truck. Little did they know I'd be sneaking up on them. Nathan brought the suit case with him too. About five minutes have passed since they left me in the car so I think the coast is clear to go listen in on the conversation or better yet watch it.

So thats what I did, I climbed out of the car and made my way down the alley quietly. I hadn't seen anybody go in after them so whoever they were meeting probably got there early. I was heading straight, about to turn to my left when I heard a voice around the corner. I pressed my body against the wall so they wouldn't see me. Then I began to listen.

"I have the money now whats the deal?" Noah said in a low tone.

"You give me the money, I go home and count it, if its enough then I'm done with you boys-" A voice I didn't recognize began but stopped for a minute and let out a low devilish laugh. "-If it isn't enough however, my men have all the information on you and will release publicly. If you don't like the sound of that we can play a fun little game instead." 

"Romano, were just kids... You can't leak our information publicly we'll go to jail." Oliver sighed, sounding defeated.

"Then the game it is." Who I believe was Romano chuckled. I then heard the dreaded sound of heavy foot steps about to turn the corner so I booked it and crouched near a dumpster. 

He was about to walk by me and my heart began to race. What if he saw me? Why did the boys give him money? What do they mean they'll be arrested? What does he have on them. So many questions I craved the answer to. 

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat. I looked up  to be met by a man I'd never seen before. He looked rough and in shape, mid twenties but looked like he's see things. He had a scar on his neck which was freaky.  It was then I glanced down to his right hand and he was holding a suit case. The same suitcase that Nathan had. I knew in that moment the man was Romano and I was instantly filled with fear.

"Y-yes?" I whispered, still sitting. Where were the boys when I needed them? Their literally around the corner, I can hear them whispering. But if they knew I got out of the car they'd be mad at me.

"What is a girl like you doing all by yourself in this area of town?" He raised an eyebrow as he reached out a hand for me to get up. I hesitantly took it and stood up to face him. He was taller then me so he looked down at me though. He was oddly attractive but scary and his arms had more tattoos then Nathan's.

"I was just taking a walk." I lied, my voice still quiet so the boys wouldn't hear. My breaths were shaky.

"I can walk you back for safety hun. You know theres men in this area who would kill for you or should I say kill you." He told me, saying the last part with a chuckle. His voice sounded like a smokers. As if on cue he pulled out a cigarette and lit it with his free hand.

"Uh actually I'll just call a friend." I answered nervously causing him to smirk a little. 

"You sure she'll keep ya saf-" He began to ask but was cut off by footsteps followed by a shout,

"Get your hands off her!" I turned my head to see Noah at the other end of the alley, the boys next to him.

"Actually... I wasn't touching her." Romano claimed. He was right but I mean as long as the boys are saving me from him.

"I mean, get away from her." Noah glared as they approached us. 

"You know them?" Romano asked me, squinting his eyes as he looked at me. The boys looked at me as if they were awaiting an answer.