27. A Date

Chapter Twenty Seven: "A Date"

"You have some nerve showing your face around here." Nathan hissed at him through gritted teeth.

"Actually, I work here." Vince scratched his neck, avoiding eye contact.

"Well can't you like get another waiter for this table?" Nathan crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at Vince who stood on the outer edge of the booth with a note pad.

"I'm the only one on duty." Vince pursed his lips, fidgeting with the pen in his grasp. I could almost feel his uncomfortableness.

Let me clear some things up. Vince is actually a pretty good guy, as much as I hate to say it. He just made a very bad mistake that apparently he's made many times before. Which makes him sort of stupid but I just don't think he should offer people drinks till their drunk and try to sleep with them. Even if they accept the drinks it's still not very smart of him.

I still didn't like him though.

"They should really try hiring more people than." Nathan commented, rolling his eyes.

"You sound like a salty girl right now, you know that?" I mumble to Nathan with an amused look on my face.

"Shush." Nathan mused back.

"Look, I'm sorry." Vince sighed deeply. "To be fair I was drunk as well and not thinking straight."

"You almost took her virginity!" Nathan argued as if I wasn't sitting right across from him.

"I asked for consent." Vince informed him, running a hand through his fluffy dark hair.

"Consent means nothing when drunk." Nathan spat at him.

"At least I asked." Vince stated. He was sort of right. If he didn't ask he would sort of be in a lot of trouble. I'm not saying I'd involve the law but I'm sure the boys would try to. I would never want to ruin someones life though.

"Oh, you're so dead." Nathan snapped, slamming his fist down on the table as he began to get out of the booth.

"Woah dude, calm down." Vince furrowed his eyebrows as he put his hands up in innocence.

"Son! I pay you to take the customers orders not fight with them!" A man scolded as he came out of nowhere. He looked like Vince except in his mid forties.

"Dad don't be so nosy." Vince groaned. "I know these people."

"You're dad is Diego Nguyen?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Vince let out a deep sigh. "I'm not too proud of it either."

"Why not? That's awesome." I tell him, standing up besides Nathan.

"Don't encourage him." Nathan whispered to me as he nudged my side.

"I mean I guess it's cool that he owns a food chain but it's not very great when people see him in public and call him Daddy Diego." Vince says with a small chuckle but he sounded sort of defeated. "Or when people call me Daddy Diego Junior."

"You should be proud you're even known around here." Diego intervenes, folding his arms across his chest as he angrily furrowed his eyebrows.

"Sorry dad." Vince apologized, pursing his lips as he looked down at his feet.

He looked so... Sad?

I'm not allowed to feel bad for him though.

Or at least I'm trying not to.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Get to work." His dad huffed, walking back into the kitchen.

"You're dad seems like kind of a..." I trailed off, not really feeling the need to insult his dad in front of him.