29. Second Chances?

Chapter Twenty Nine: "Second Chances?"

"You two need to stop acting so funny." Noah squinted his eyes at Nathan and I.

"We aren't..." I tell Noah. He was just being paranoid. I mean, yeah, we kissed last night-or this morning whatever you want to call it- and it was nice to be honest, but we weren't acting weird. I admit I think I have a small crush on Nathan though. Too bad the feeling may never be mutual.

"We are just tired." Nathan mumbles in agreement.

"Whatever you two say." Oliver comments with a smirk.

"This is the last time I hang out with all three of you at the same time." I groan in frustration.

"Ashely." Sam suddenly burst into the living room through the front door. "May I have a word with you?" He asks and I nod in response. I follow him into his bed room. Right when I shut the door he sits down on the bed, motioning for me to sit beside him.

"What do you need?" I question him, concerned. Usually he doesn't need to talk to me in private about things. Usually he's very blunt, even in front of the guys which isn't always a good thing.

"Don't freak out, okay?" Sam says in an unusual tone.

"What is it?" I furrow my eyebrows, now very worried.

"Dad was arrested." He runs a hand through his hair but I could tell on the inside he probably wanted to rip it all out.

"What?! Why?!" I demand answers. I, all of a sudden had millions of thoughts running through my brain in circles. So many unanswered questions.

"He was busted with possession of steroids." Sam informs me in which my heart immediately sinks down into my stomach.

"T-that's so unfair!" I shout, my voice cracking as my eyes grow watery. "He always told me that if I worked hard enough I could be as strong and healthy as him! But all along he was cheating and injecting drugs into his arms?! He said those scabs were from eczema!"

"Sh, sh, it's okay." Sam assures me, wrapping me into a hug as he rubbed my back in attempt to calm me down.

"How much?" I ask him as I wipe away a few shed tears.

"How much what?" He responds calmly.

"How much did they find." I frown up at him. I didn't know much about drug possession charges, but I knew that steroid possession could get you sentenced 5 year to life in jail depending on the amount of grams found. It's all up to the judges though how many years he'll have to serve.

"Six hundred grams." Sam whispers into my ear. I let out a shaky breath. This is not good at all. I wanted to hate my dad for lying to my family but I couldn't.

"We should probably check in on mom." I mumble to Sam. "I haven't been over in a few days."

"You're probably right." He purses his lips as he breaks the hug and grabs his phone. By now I was done crying and sort of more angry rather than sad about it.

"Mommy?" Sam says into the phone.

It's cracks me up every time that he still calls her that after all these years.

"Ashely wants to talk to you." He tells her, handing me the phone.

"Are you okay?" I ask into the phone.

"I'm so sad Ashely." She admits to me with a sniffle. "I can't believe he would hide that from us."

"Do you want me to come home?" I cue, concern flooding me.