38. Fights and Flights

Chapter Thirty Eight

"World star!" Someone shouted as a crowd gathered around the fight breaking out between Chris and Nathan. Phones were out and all you could now hear from the party was screaming and shouting.

"Don't start mother fucking shit Fuller!" Chris barked as he flipped Nathan over so he was now on top of him, smacking him right in the nose with his fist.

"Shut the fuck up!" Nathan seethed back, shoving Chris off of him and punching him repeatedly.

Blood was on the floor and covering both of the two boys faces and clothing. People continued to scream and cheer as they shoved closer to get a better angle for their recording of the fight. I just watched wide eye, not knowing what to do until a voice broke through the crowd.

"Get off of him!" The voice demanded. It was a female. My eyes almost rolled into the back of my head when the source of the voice came into full view.

"Penelope the suck up." I mumbled so that only I could hear it. I watched in amusement as Penelope ran up to Nathan as Chris stumbled backwards and stood up. She cradled Nathan and a few "tears" escaped her eyes. What a drama queen.

"You could of killed him!" Penelope screamed, her eyes shooting lazers at Chris.

"How?!" Nathan and Chris shouted in unison.

It was going to be a long week...

***
"I'm just saying, I know it's hard but, he's planning on staying there." Cameron let out a long exhale.

"You're joking, right?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"I'm afraid not. Noah has agreed to fly both you and Nathan over there though." Cameron added.

"B-but we have so much school work." I stuttered.

"But, he's your bestfriend and he offered to pay." Cameron countered, making me ponder on the idea.

"If it means I'll get to see my bestfriend, I'll do it." I declared.

"That's the spirit." Cameron chuckled.

All of a sudden a door slammed open. Cameron and I shared a look of terror before turning our heads only to be faced with no other then my brother...

"What were you two talking about?" Sam queried, picking up an old slice of pizza off the counter and taking a bite out of it as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing important." I blankly replied. Cameron blinked.

"If you insist." Sam shrugged, engulfing the rest of the pizza.

"Close one." Cameron whispered to me.

"I know." I agreed, watching my brother chuck pieces of pizza down his throat.

"If he found out you were going to another country with two boys he'd flip." Cameron and I shuttered at the mere thought of it.

"I'm going to have to tell my parents that I'm staying in another state. If they heard the word country they'd flip too." I explained, my eyes still focused on Sam who was completely out of it.

"Right..." Cameron mumbled.

"Just to be clear, Penelope isn't going, right?" I raised an eyebrow at Cameron. This should of been the first question I asked.

"No. Noah broke up with her the day he left. While he was at the airport. He kind of developed a 'live in the moment' type attitude."  Cameron chuckled. That made me smile. That bitch was gone from his life and almost gone from mine as well. All I need now is for Nathan to cut her off as well.

"I never liked her." I told him truthfully. "I hated her even before I knew her in person."

"Same." Cameron stated bluntly.

"Glad were on the same page." I gave him a grin.

"A lot of people are blinded by her looks to actually see how much of a bitch she is. I don't know many people who can see through her fake charm." Cameron scoffed at the idea of her.

"Yeah... The only other person I knew that truely hated her was Oliver..." I whispered the last part. I could barley say it. Everyone else hates talking about him. Noah was so upset with how everyone forgot about it and moved on so quickly but I hadn't. I had just a different way of coping with his death. I thought that if I didn't address the topic it'd be okay but he always lingers in the back of my mind. I miss him so much. We all do.

"Yeah..." Cameron mumbled back. I could tell he was uncomfortable talking about it too. Everyone was.

"But anyway, uh, yeah just tell Noah I said okay." I looked at my feet as I spoke quickly.

"Will do." Cameron replied.

"We need more pizza guys!" Sam interrupted, showing us the empty box.

"Oh god." Cameron and I said in unison.

***
"Have fun in Rhode Island sweetheart!" My mom shouted to me as I exited the door with my suit cases, plane ticket and passport tucked in my pocket.

"Yeah... Rhode Island." I mumbled to myself as the door shut behind me.

A loud honk came from infront of my house. "Get in loser, were going to London." Nathan flashed me a smirk. I returned his smirk with a grin and ran up to the passenger side and hopped in.

"Nothing better than a 6 hour flight with my best friend." I said sarcastically as I buckled myself in.

"True." Nathan chuckled as he shifted the car out of park and into drive. "It's go time." He said before driving at full speed to the air port.

-
"I hate jet lag!" I groaned as we walked out of the airport, both exhausted.

"It's like we're in another dimension." Nathan grumbled tiredly. We sat on a bench outside as we waited for Noah to send us a text, indicating that he was here to pick us up. But that's not what we got... instead we got an earful of screaming and blasting music.

"Get in you fucking cunts!" Noah grinned at us as he honked, the speakers about to explode as he blasted Butterfly Effect by Travis Scott.

"I'm too tired for this shit." I mumbled before dragging myself to the car.

Nathan and I sat in the back. We were too tired to argue over who got front. We just wanted to sleep. It was hard though since Noah was screaming the lyrics the whole ride home. I wasn't paying attention much. But I was surely surprised when the car came to a halt and we were now parked outside of a small apartment.

"This is your house?" I gaped.

"Yep. My apartment." Noah grinned proudly.

"Never judge a book by its cover Ashely." Nathan yawned. We dragged ourselves up two flights of stairs to be greeted with the door to Noah's  "luxury" apartment. When we walked in however, it was the opposite of luxury. It was a dump compared to Noah's old place.

"How are we going to live here for  a week?" I questioned. It was so small I didn't think we could all even fit.

"Well that's the problem," Noah begins, his tone dropping. "I only have two bedrooms in this apartment. So you're going to have to make a choice Ashely..." Noah's tone dropped to an even more serious one before saying,

"Would you like to share a room with me? Or a room with Nathan?