40. Noah Fence

Chapter Forty: "Noah Fence"

"Well, that dinner was a bust." I sigh in exhaustion as I fall backwards onto the bed. 

"I know, she just talked about how grateful she was to be with Noah the whole time."  Nathan groaned. Long story short, Abby was annoying. She was kind, but she was annoying. Basically, she's a model. She met Noah on the plane ride to London while she was coming back from a photo shoot. She acted as if she had known Noah forever. 

"I can't believe she dragged him to a party, leaving his friends in a foreign country."  I scoffed, rolling my eyes. 

Nathan sat up from his position on the floor, "I know." 

"Well, what do you want to do?" I asked, letting out a yawn.

"I mean, I'm sure Noah wouldn't mind us inviting ourselves to that party." Nathan suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Nah, we don't even know the address." I inform Nathan with a small smile. 

"We could play a card game?" Nathan proposed, pursing his lips.

"Let's play Would You Rather." I sighed, getting off the bed and sitting across from him on the floor. 

"Okay, would you rather have no followers or have no friends." Nathan began the game.

"No followers." I answered. 

This is going to be one long night. 

***

"Whatup bitches!" Noah slurred as he entered the bedroom. Nathan and I were still playing Would You Rather

"Are you drunk?" I raised an eyebrow at Noah as he shook his head.

"Nah. Just tipsy." He giggled, sitting down on the floor.

"How's Abby?" Nathan asked the wasted Noah.

"Annoying." Noah answered bluntly. Nathan and I were taken aback. 

"Okay?" I frowned. 

"Bro, what if my full name was Noah Fence?" Noah randomly blurted out. "Then I'd be Noah Flippin' Fence." 

"You're wasted bro." Nathan chuckled. 

"NO, I'm Noah." Noah stated which made me roll my eyes.

"So how is Abby annoying?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Noah.

"Wouldn't let me talk to anyone beside her so I ditched her." Noah told us.

"You broke up with her?" I questioned with wide eyes. 

"No, I just walked home." Noah shrugged. 

"Oh."

"Yeppp. Cause my true love is right here. Not there." Noah grinned sloppily, swaying as he stood up. Nathan and I looked up at him in confusion. "Food." 

"What kind of party seperate's Noah and food?" I chuckle jokingly. 

"Dumb parties." Nathan adds on.

"You two," Noah pointed a finger at us as he slurred his words, making his way slowly to the door. "You two get me." He finished with a drunken grin. 

"That's what we're here for." I give Noah a reassuring grin. 

"Ashely, I fucking love you. Like, you're the funniest, nicest, most impulsive ands straight forward person I know. Like you're the best friend everyone dreams of having." Noah gives me another sloppy drunk grin.

"How does it feel to be on this side of the friend zone." Nathan laughs as I shoot him a glare. 

"Feels great." I giggle.

"You too Nathan, no homo." Noah says before exiting the room and heading to the fridge.

This is the Noah I miss. The care free Noah. The Noah who's always cracking jokes instead of staying cooped up in his room crying. 

It's going to be my new mission to get Noah Flippin' James back and nobody is going to get in the way. Nobody.

***

"That show is so old." Nathan groaned. 

"No, it's my child hood favorite." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"What about Shippuden? It has much more action and a more detailed storyline." Nathan proposes.

"No, we're watching the OG." I smirk at Nathan as he lets out a groan.

"Why'd you have the bring the complete box set of Naruto season 1, 2, 3, and 4 all the way here?" Noah chimed in.

"Because, I wanted to watch it." I shrugged, turning up the volume. 

"Aha, I remember this. Remember when Sasuke sees it again in Shippuden."  Noah chuckles, referring to 'The Great Naruto Bridge'. Zabuza and Kakashei were currently fighting, yep, we were already that far. I mean, it was kind of storming outside so we were pretty bored and couldn't go anywhere. 

"Ah I love this show." I sigh in content. I was just where I wanted to be. With my favorite people, watching my favorite show, everything was perfect. But, it just felt like something was missing. 

Oliver...

"Same, it's just so-" Nathan begins to speak but gets cut off by a loud knock at the apartment door. I watch as Noah gets up from the couch and walks groggily over to the door to open it. Noah looks through the peep hole and locks the door almost as soon as he looks away from it. 

'Turn off the tv." Noah mouths to us with wide eyes. We do as told as watch him as he tip toes quietly over to us. 

"What is it?" I whisper to him as he sits on the couch beside us, trembling in fear. 

"Penelope!" Noah whispered with wide eyes. 

"What the fuck?!" I hissed.

"I knew I should of turned off my snapchat map!" Noah groaned, keeping his hushed tone. 

"We should at least answer the door." Nathan proposed. Noah and I both shot him a glare.

"How about no?" Noah and I said in unison.

"Okay, okay." Nathan sighed in defeat. Thats when another loud knock came from the door. 

"Noah? Your snapchat map says you're here! Open the door!" Penelope's disgusting voice called through the door. 

No response. 

"Open this door at once!" Penelope demanded in a fussy tone. 

No response.

"I didn't fly to London on my private jet for nothing Noah!" Penelope's tone grew harsher as the minutes passed by without any answers.

No response. 

"I'll be back!" Penelope barked, the click of her heels confirmed she was making her way out of the building.

"Close call." Noah sighed in relief, wiping a bead of sweat off his forehead.

"I know." I agreed, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"Yeah." Nathan shrugged. 

We returned back to our show but I had a recurring realization in the back of my mind the entire time.

Penelope wouldn't travel to London alone...