37. almost the end.

Chapter Thirty Seven: "Almost The End."

"You can't be serious!" I screamed, almost about to rip Noah's head off with my bare hands.

I don't know if I should be proud of him or angry at him or sad.

"Yeah. I'm serious." Noah let's out a sigh. "I'll be back in a week, don't worry." He gives me a tight smile.

"You can't leave us Noah!" Nathan groans, rolling off Noah's couch.

"I can't be here right now. Oliver is the talk of the town and I don't want to be around that." Noah frowns.

"Okay... when are you leaving?" I furrow my eyebrows in acceptance of the news.

"Now." Noah purses his lips, looking down sadly. "The plane tickets are in the car."

"I can go get them..." I offer. "If you'd like."

"I'd like that Ashely." Noah accepts my offer as I begin to make my way out the front door I can still hear the distant shouts of Noah and Nathan arguing.

Noah was heading to London. He said it was only for a week which isn't that bad but we're all in a bad spot due to Olivers death and I personally don't think he should leave us. Not too sound selfish or anything though.

"The cars unlocked." Noah shouts to me from the doorway of his house as I reach toward the handle of his car door. I slowly pull it open and spot the ticket immediately. And that's when I realized it...

He had one ticket.

A plane ticket through Jet Blue to London. He didn't have a ticket back here from London. It was just one ticket. Maybe he would purchase one back while in London? I shouldn't over think this.

I walk back into the house with Noah's ticket and hand it to him.

"Are you actually coming back?" I whisper to him sadness in my voice.

"I don't know." He rasps back before giving me a hug and leaving out the door.

He was gone.

"Why didn't he hug me?" Nathan pouts.

"Do you miss him?" I ask him randomly.

"What do you mean? He's coming back in a week." Nathan chuckles awkwardly.

"I wouldn't be so so sure about that Nathan."

"Are you saying I just lost both of my best friends?" Nathan frowns as I meet his gaze.

"You didn't lose me." I inform him.

"Yeah. That would be the biggest loss."

***
"My little brother left the country without telling me or my family?!" Cameron shouts angrily. "He's so fucking dumb oh my god!"

"Relax. He had reasons." I assure Cameron.

"Oh yeah? Well what's his excuse for not telling us he even left?!" He yells in frustration.

"I don't know." I shrug. "Ask him."

"You're no help." Cameron mumbles before walking into the next room with his phone in his hand.

And so it was official. I had lost both Oliver and Noah.

"What do you mean you're not in London?!" Cameron shouted at Noah through the phone. "You posted a snap with a London geofilter on it captioned 'just landed'."

I got out my phone to text someone. But I realized I had no body to text. It was too awkward talking to Nathan these days. I don't know why. There was just some weird tension between us. And so that's why I decided to text Anya.