2

Sunlight is not my best friend.

I mean, yes I do draw energy from him, but he doesn't love me nor give me as much affection as the moon does. I'm not crazy, the sun and the moon have genders and each love me differently.

My family was the closest with the moons and the sun, within the sense we can talk to the Moon Goddess and the Sun God in times of need. I was the strongest because of the fact the Moon favored me so much, as well as talking to me freely all the time.

I finally rolled out of bed and threw my crazy curly hair up with a pin, smiling as I felt the curls bouncing around me. I pulled on a black long sleeve shirt along with black tights, before shrugging on a mauve tulle skirt over the tights. I put on my favorite black combat boots before turning and looking at myself in the mirror;

I grinned, showing off my dimples I loved so much as my violet eyes sparkled, before making my way to my car. I loved and loathed the car all at the same time, I would've preferred a Volkswagen Beetle or something small, but my family insisted on this for speed in case I ever needed to get away quickly.

The drive to the school was short as I pulled into the mostly empty parking lot, the few teenagers there stared at me like I was from a completely different planet. I grinned at them when I stepped out, the smell drifting over to me on the wind. They were the only humans here it seems, the school catering to both human and supernatural alike.

I walked into the office from before, giving another smile to the receptionist from yesterday. "My name is Artemis Lily, I'm a new student here?"

It came out more like a question, but I honestly couldn't give a shit. She just gave me a well rehearsed smile before going back to her dinosaur computer and typing something, taking whatever she printed out from the printer and handed them to me. The bell rang while I stood there waiting for her, causing me to roll my eyes.

Typical.

I took the papers and walked out of the office, my eyes scanning over the paper. I had double art and double music towards the end of the day as well as double English, with no math class and one history class. I mentally patted myself on my back for taking extra classes when I was younger so I didn't have to put myself through the hell that was math.

I personally sucked at any form of algebra, and excelled in anything regarding English and any arts. I was okay at history, all it was was memorizing past events and crap about dead people. It wasn't that hard, mainly because I practically had an eidetic memory.

I finally found my way after about ten more minutes, groaning when I stood in front of the door. I knocked on the classroom door before opening it, the smell of pine immediately attacking my nose. I wrinkled it as I scanned the room briefly, sending the boy from yesterday a small smile.

"Hello miss, who are you?" I turned back to the teacher, a middle aged woman with a mousy brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was only five feet tall, and had a medium build.

"My name is Artemis, I'm new." She gave me a brighter smile, my eyes flickering to the notes on the blackboard.

War of 1812.

I mentally groaned and made my way to the seat she had waved me too, setting me things down next to Riley and a girl with blonde hair. She kept looking over to Riley, and he pretty much gravitated to her. Assuming they were mates, I gave her a smile as well.

"I'm Artemis." I waved to her, her face lighting up with a huge grin.

"Hi! I'm Mona!" She reached out to hug me, but I shied away as nonchalantly as I could.