11

I woke up to obnoxiously loud snores, my eyes snapping open at the intrusion of noise. It took me a moment for everything to come crashing back, if anything the sparks I felt from the arm wrapped around me brought all the memories straight to the front of my brain. I turned slightly and looked over to his face, my cheeks feeling as if they're going to burst with how wide my grin was.

So beautiful.

I slid out from his grip as quickly as I could, walking into my kitchen. I drifted ingredients out of the cabinets and the fridge, looking through the books I had in my shelf over how to get to Olympus. I had eggs cooking in a skillet and pancakes being made on the griddle, all without me even touching a spatula.

I sighed as I pulled out my laptop, renting out a private plane to get us to the actual Mount Olympus. Then we would have to hike up the mountain until we find a secret cavern that takes us to something closely resembling an elevator, which brings us to Olympus.

I'm just worried; the trip to Olympus is dangerous, and most often you'll get attacked on your way up. I've only been once, when I was around thirteen, and had gotten caught by Furies twice. They were seriously not very nice, and I still have a long scar on my shoulder from one of their talons.

I sighed, we still had about two days before we had a bit of a break from school, Greek Gods and impending war wasn't an excuse for me to miss school. I looked over to the clock and the already plated breakfast, smiling to myself when I heard footsteps upstairs above me.

"Artemis?" His voice sent chills down my spine, my heart began to race just by the sounds of his footsteps. It was pathetic really, but god was it messing with me.

"Downstairs!" I smiled as I smelt him, feeling how his aura practically lit up the room around us.

His face lit up when he saw the table, bending down to kiss me lightly before plopping down right next to me at the table. He piled food onto his plate before reaching over and dragging me out of my seat and into his lap, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

I still wasn't use to this.

I tried to hold onto any resentment I could regarding him, trying to hold onto any anger I had pinched deep inside of me from the rejection, but I just couldn't. All it took was a single look into his grey eyes and it sent my heart fluttering like a cliche romance book you found old ladies reading.

"I have to introduce you to the pack soon." I looked up from the piece of bacon I was munching on to Jaxon's face, his eyes searching through me. "Is that okay?"

I nodded and gave him a weak smile, trying to calm down the storm raging inside of me. Would they be okay with having a witch as a Luna? Would they hate me? Burn me at the stake?

Jaxon must've noticed my inner turmoil because he lifted my face until I was staring intently into his eyes, sending little waves of whatever the hell the mate bond called it, either way it calmed me the hell down. "They'll love you, I promise. If they don't, then I'll just step down as Alpha."

"No! You can't do that for me!" He chuckled and shook his head, sending me a lopsided smile.

"I don't care, I'll always put you first." He kissed me again, his lips soft as they moved against mine.

Jaxon was my own personal drug, sending me into my own personal high that I never wanted to come down off of. It was like that Twilight book, when the vampire told the human she was his own brand of heroin, he was utterly and completely right. I don't think I could ever get enough of him, and that frightened me.

"Come on, we have school soon." I muttered against his lips, brushing against them as I spoke. He growled in frustration before pushing against me again, a smirk on my lips as I kissed him. "Go."