6

A/N: it's long, and please don't hate me because the ending. I didn't mean it to be this long, just kinda happened haha. Also, please remember she's essentially human in the fact she doesn't heal like wolves do without making a salve, and also, I have a huge flare for dramatics, hence the ending. I stayed up till 3:30 am writing this with work i the morning, I'm insanely sleep deprived and I'm rambling. Oh whale

***

I sucked on my teeth as I stood in front of my empty fridge, the rumbling stomachs of wolves heard loud and clear behind me. Usually I would just conjure up some food, but the fact I wasn't alone really caused a dilemma for me.

"Sorry guys, looks like we'll have to order pizza or something." I wrinkled my nose as I shut the fridge, turning around and walking the short distance to the island in my kitchen.

Jaxon quickly stood and strode over to my fridge, talking as he walked. "There had to be something in here for us to munch on at least."

"Wait!" He opened the door and blanched at my bare fridge, the shelves only holding a few bottles of water and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

"Really, water and whiskey?" He turned back to me, the stifled laughter of Riley earning a glare from me and his mate.

"I haven't gotten around to grocery shopping, okay?" He rolled his eyes, shutting the door and walking to where his keys sat on the cabinet.

"You've been here for a few weeks Art, how can you not have gone grocery shopping?" I glared as Mona spoke, her eyes widening when she realized what she said.

"Come on, were going shopping." Jaxon said, shushing my protests as he strode out of my house.

"Wait! We don't have to go shopping, the project isn't done-"

"It's almost done Artemis, we just have to put our names on it." Riley piped up, earning an eye roll from me.

"But, still! I can't force you guys to go grocery shopping with me." Jaxon huffed out a breath, his body turning and moving so he stood before me.

His steel grey eyes stared straight into my violet ones, moving and searching for something, before a light tinge of pink erupted across his cheekbones. "I'm sorry, truly. I want to start over, can we?"

I raised my eyebrows at him, looking over his shoulder to Mona and Riley. Riley was practically begging me to say yes with his eyes, while Mona shrugged to me. I honestly don't know, I don't know what I want to do. I bit my lip as I looked down to my feet, before looking back up to his hopeful eyes.

"I don't know, I, uh, can I think about this?" He nodded to me before he held up his car keys and jingled them, plastering on a big grin.

"Let's go grocery shopping."

-

"You can't get into the buggy!"

"Oh shut up and move it!" I scrambled into the buggy and grinned, Jaxon's huge smile practically melting my insides as he looked at me.

"Jaxon, tell her no." He rolled his eyes as he situated himself towards the back of the buggy, a mischievous smile gracing his beautiful lips.

I did not just think that.

"Wanna go for a spin?" He asked me, his eyes twinkling as I nodded frantically.

He left a protesting Mona and a chuckling Riley at the entrance to the mostly empty grocery store, pushing me past a few aisles before opening up to a big open aisle.