16

We stayed that night in Athens in a small hotel with a incredibly loud family right next door, the sound of their screaming and squealing practically keeping us up all night. And let me tell you, a sleep deprived Jaxon is a scary Jaxon.

I chuckled as he grumbled yet again while we finally exited the airport. His father called us right before we deported from Greece, the Rogues had grown even worse than before we left and they were worried we would find some at the airport.

So far we were doing fine, no Rogues and no Hunters just yet.

The trip back was short, my eyes scanning practically everyone we passed in the airport. We got back home around nine in the morning, my body growing tired and sore from both jet lag and the awful airplane seats. I groaned as we reached Jaxon's bed, running and jumping dramatically onto it.

"This is heaven, this bed, it actually heaven." I heard him chuckle behind me as I just tore my shoes off and buried myself deeper into the bed, the huge king size mattress and duvet practically swallowing me whole.

"We sleep for a few hours, but then we have to train the pack." I nodded and mumbled some kind of response, inhaling Jaxon's scent off the sheets below me.

His arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer to him, his body hear radiating off of his skin. Okay, I lied before. This was heaven, not just the mattress and bed, but Jaxon and the bed.

God that sounds perverted.

-

"Art, wake up." I waved my hand, trying to push away whatever was trying to wake me up.

"Artemis, you need to get up." Okay, new voice. This one sounded more feminine, but all I did was groan and try to growl like Jaxon does when I try to wake him up. All I received was a few chuckles as I pulled the blanket closer to me.

"Art, I'll let you get drunk tonight at a pack party." And I care why?

"Okay, how about we have a Bob's Burger marathon and eat all the ice cream you want?" Now I'm up. I pushed myself up hastily and looked at a chuckling Jaxon and Mona, who just shook her head at me.

"Come on, we have some wolves to kick into shape." I groaned and rubbed my eyes, falling out of bed and onto the floor.

I groaned even louder into the hardwood, pushing myself up and into the bathroom with half lidded eyes. Jet lag was seriously a bitch, I almost fell asleep right then and there in the shower, standing.

"We're never flying anywhere ever again. We'll just take a boat, or run, or drive something." Jaxon laughed as I got dressed, watching from his perch at the corner of the bed.

"Just a warning, Rileys excited." I followed him out the bedroom door and down the stairs to outside, my eyes looking over the group of wolves standing in straight lines.

"Holy shit." In front of everyone Jaxon's father stood, staring at the wolves like a marine commander. His face was completely blank and devoid of emotion, his power practically rolling off of him.

He turned and grinned to me and his son before turning and wiping it off, gritting his teeth as we came to stand next to him.

"Rogues and Hunters are growing worse and worse, the only reason we haven't been fully attacked is because your Alphas mate. She has put wards around my territory, for two months now. She is here to show us how to fight, because you all obviously aren't up to par with her!"

He barked out at them, making even me cringe. Gone was the softy I had grown to known, hello to the terrifying Alpha that will kill everyone and not bat an eye. My eyes widened as I stared at him, glancing between him and Jaxon who had a similar blank expression.