4

I wore striped tights today with brown combat boots, a grey sweater with a lace underlay. My hair was wild around me, just the way I liked it. My eyes were the violet purple that captivated people's attention, my dimples shining out as I grinned to myself.

Time to make that dumb Alpha jealous.

I quickly rode to school, the loud sound of my engine drawing the attention of the school parking lot. I could feel the gaze of the one wolf destined for me, practically feel the burn of his eyes upon my back. I just shook it off as I stepped out of my car, my sunglasses covering my startling eyes as I turned to face the growing crowd.

I grinned and showed off my straight white teeth, waving to a human boy that dared to stand close to my body. "The names Artemis, and you are?"

He flustered a bit, his large physic showing off the muscles he obviously worked hard for. "Uh, er, I'm Josh."

I nodded as I walked around him, waving him to follow me into the school. I could feel the crackling anger through the air as I made my way up the steps, the human following close behind. "So Josh, I'm assuming you're a senior like me?"

"Ye-yeah! I'm a senior, and I play football as well." I smiled as I got to my locker, turning o face him again. He had soft features, a boyish charm to his round face. He wasn't much taller than me, only a couple of inches or so, but made up for it with the muscles along his biceps. His chocolate brown hair matched his wide doe eyes, which were currently wide and watching my every move.

"I hope I haven't taken you from your group of friends." I pointed slightly to the group of humans that had pretty much followed us inside, their whispers floating along the air in the hallway.

I could easily tell the boys were jealous by the way they kept glancing over here and puffing out their chest to show off their dominance, while the woman just glared at me. I guess this Josh guy was a well liked dude.

"No no, you're okay. I'd much rather talk to you anyway." I chuckled as I shut my locker door, his crooked grin causing me to send him one myself.

"I have history, so if you don't mind I'll see you after class." He nodded to me as I turned around, making my way to my class.

I paused momentarily when I saw a seething Jaxon in my history class, my eyebrows furrowed. He didn't have this class with me yesterday, what was going on? His anger quickly dissipated when he saw my confused expression, instead shooting me an infamous smirk that sent the girls around me swooning.

I quickly walked to my seat near Mona and Riley, facing forward to look at the whiteboard. The air was dense and awkward around us, my head finally turning to look straight to Jaxon.

"Why the fuck are you in here?" I seethed, his smirk growing as he caught on to just how angry I was.

"What, can't a wolf change his schedule for his mate?" I grit my teeth as a few girls turned to look at us, their whispering not that subtle and quiet.

"Pretty sure you fucking rejected me."

"Which reminds me, how do you know of the bond? You're human after all?"

"What bond? I mean, so what?"

"So what!? What do you mean so what!?" I bit my tongue and thanked the goddess that the teacher walked in right after he said that, setting her briefcase down with a loud thud that sounded throughout the room.

"Okay class, project time!"

-

Turns out the project was just a stupid PowerPoint over the world war, and I was in a group with my favorite people. Alpha Asshat and his Beta and Beta female. I didn't mind Riley and Mona, but Jaxon would unconsciously inch closer and closer to me.