14

I gripped my knife before leaping, the sound of the creatures shrieking assaulting my ears. I knew what it was, it was a Lamia, the daughter of Poseidon and the birth of hate from Hera. I grumble as I jump onto her large form, slamming my knife into her chest as her talons scratch into me.

She tries to shake me off, but I keep grip on the dagger and instead it plows even deeper into her. I drag it down when she finally throws me off, black ooze seeping from her wound and falling onto the ground like heavy goop. I slam open the bathroom door because I know my knife won't kill her, it isn't iron and isn't salt.

I rummage through the flight attendant cart and find packets of salt, ripping them open and pouring out as many as I could. Somehow the entire plane is oblivious to us, and it looks like they're all asleep before me.

Fucking Lamias.

Her scream announces her before her claws scraping down my back do, my body whirling around and thrusting the salt deep into her wound. She screeches even louder as the skin around it begins to bubble, using the distraction to stab her repeatedly before haggardly slicing her neck off.

It's jagged and not a clean cut, some of the bones still attached as I pour even more salt down the now open hole. Her screams ring through the air, her skin bubbling and oozing out even more black goop. She finally becomes a pile of ash and black goop, the only sound of the plane now being my ragged breathing and the planes engine.

I walk back to my seat, watching as the people around me begin to waken. I flop back down just as the three wolves wake up, looking disoriented and hung over. Jaxon looks around before looking over to me, his eyes practically popping out of his head.

"What the fuck!" He shifts in his seat and grabs me, his body shaking as blood coats his skin.

"I'm okay, it was a Lamia. Somehow she put everyone on the plane to sleep, how it kept flying, I have no idea." I reached into my carry on, pulling out a small tub of salve I made before we left.

"Why didn't you wake us up?" Riley asks as he watched Jaxon begin to spread the paste on my back, my face scrunching as Mona stands and crouched before me. She takes some of the salve and puts it along my arms, giving me soft smiles when I scrunch my face in pain.

"Didn't have time, plus it wouldn't work. I think she either got an Alp or a Baku, which is surprising. Usually Greek creatures work with other Greek creatures, and the Alp is from Germany while the Baku is Japanese." I bit my lip once thy were finished, leaning back into Jaxon's arms. I was exhausted, my body ready and willing to shut down and take a million hour naps.

"Okay, so remind me why we're going to Greece if all these creatures are trying to kill you?" My lips quieted up as Mona asked that, the sound of Jaxon's growl vibrating the chest behind me.

"I'm going to see if Zeus will stop Ares, or at least help out in the war. I can't stop Ares himself, and if he continues he'll send us a war that will kill more than hundreds of people. It's the way Ares works, he's a douche." Jaxon chuckles, running his thumb over my bare hip absentmindedly.

"If he doesn't help?"

"Then we're fucked, and we'll have to deal with the Hunters and Rogues ourselves."

-

The Greece airport is busier than the American one, with people shouting and running back and forth. I almost got knocked onto my ass three times, and it took a lot for us to keep Jaxon from ripping whoever it was head off.

The drive to the base of the mountain was even worse, with our Taxi driver not speaking any English at all, and driving us around town twice before finally understanding where we needed to be brought. Cars were sticks together in one part and people that were littering the streets all at the other part were so thick our car couldn't go through.