9

Right now I'm sitting in the darkest corner of my bedroom, trying not to let myself fall apart. Close to an hour ago, I had been in the office within the pack house, speaking with both Jaxon and his own father. I told them everything, well, as close to everything as possible. I didn't tell him every detail regarding my time with my parents, keeping a few secrets within my own lock and key.

Jaxon had stormed out of the meeting seconds after his father dismissed us, leaping outside and shifting midair. I didn't know if he was mad at me, or mad at Ares for calling the Hunters to do his bidding. I didn't know if he felt betrayed, or if he even wanted me anymore.

One things for sure, I won't give in to him easy. Well, I say that but I could feel his wolf calling me, even while I'm deep within my own bedroom. The Moon wasn't exactly helping, using her own beams of light to send calls for me through my own open window.

Instead of basking in the pale light of the Moon like my body wanted, instead of kissing Jaxon and having my way with him as rough as I wanted to, I was huddled up in a mountain of blankets in the darkest corner of my bedroom. I finally stood up and left my room, the call of the Moon being too much for me.

I didn't even bother to change, leaving myself in a white tank top and black shorts, my hair curling itself around me as I raced out of my home. I weaved through the trees until I unconsciously found a moon pool, a small bit of water nestled in a secluded cave.

I smiled at the site before me, Selene herself drifting her feet into the water. Her dark hair floated around her in the air, bits and pieces of stars floating down from the night sky to drift around her. She looked absolutely beautiful, her own bright gold eyes flashing through the dark space between us.

"Hello my little Artemis." Her voice was soft as silk, drawing me in closer as my feet brought me to her.

"Selene, are you here to talk about Ares?" I gently sat down, removing my shoes before placing them into the pool of water next to her.

"Actually, I'm here about Jaxon." I stilled slightly, the familiar pain radiating through my chest and straight to my heart.

"The next time I see him, I'm going to formally reject him. I should've done it when he rejected me the first time, weeks ago." I could feel my heart breaking and falling into utter pieces deep within my chest as I spoke, clenching my fists together to stop myself from bursting out and taking back every word I spoke.

"No." I looked up, her golden eyes set aflame on me.

"What do you mean no?"

"He needs you, more than you could think. Believe me, once you both get over your stubbornness you're love will be one talked about among wolves." I rolled my lip between my teeth, sighing out as I tried to not let my tears fall.

"You I don't get it Selene! He doesn't love me! He didn't want me as a human, he won't want me as a witch. I'm not beautiful as those wolves, I have fucked up hair with tattoos all over me and baggage beyond belief. He'd rather that she-wolf, Kendra or whatever the fuck her name is!" Her eyes flared up, the gold light shining out as she stared at me.

"I understand more than you could think. You need to accept your love for him, and get the hell over yourself. You have to go to Olympus with him, along with his Beta and his mate. Zeus will be expecting you within two weeks."

I sighed out, calling upon the bits of the stars that surrounded her to come to me. They lit up against my skin, illuminating my pale skin and dark hair as I watched her begin to fade. She gave me one last smile, her eyes flashing to something behind me.

"I'm right, I'm always right." She faded away into nothing, the stars casting itself around me. I spun around when a branch broke behind me, my violet eyes searching through the woven trees as I searched for the source of the noise.