13

A/N: if you don't like mating scenes, go to where the *** are. Not sure if I like this chapter, but oh whale.

***

I squeeze my eyes shut, forcing my arms down at my sides. I already feel my blood rushing, my heart pounding as I desperately try to have control over my own body movements. I wrench myself away from the group of people, trying I control my labored breathing. I can hear him behind me, the way his heart is beating and the way his lungs inflate and deflate as he breathes. It's driving me insane.

"Artemis?" His voice is laced with concern, concern I didn't really deserve. "Are you alright?"

"Jaxon, I'm sorry. The moon is effecting me and," I took a breath, trying to stop myself from pouncing onto him. The look on his face gets me, it clenched my heart and tugs at it because he's so utterly concerned.

"How's it effecting you?" I grit my teeth as my arm moves against my own conscious, my index finger pushing some of his hair out of his while stroking along his cheekbone.

I felt his body warm under my touch while his eyes widen as he looks at me, my eyes more than likely changing from dark violet to pale lilac. Whenever I use to much powers or the Moon effects me, Selene changed my eye color to lilac. It's to signal to Guardians, the wolves she chooses to help the creatures she specifically created, that I need help and controlling.

"Art, what're you doing? What's going on?" I lift my face closer to the crook of his neck, inhaling his intoxicating scent deep within me. I shut my eyes in the pure ecstasy, igniting a flame deep within me and swirling around within my veins.

"Do you really want to know how the Moon effects me my dear wolf? It changes me, effecting just low my inhibitions are." I licked across the skin under his jaw, right where the bone was. His hands gripped my shoulders tightly, a low rumble of a growl barely escaping his throat.

"Artemis, stop. I don't need my wolf to take over and do something you'll regret and hate me for later." He spoke lowly, as if he thought everyone within that house could hear us.

"Bring. Me. Home." I grit it out as my body flushed and began racing, my lips passing against his skin like a whisper.

His eyes glazed over before he shifted, ripping his clothes off his body and turning into a large dark wolf. My body pushed itself and pressed against his wolf, climbing up onto his back as he lowered himself for me. I wrapped myself around him and inhaled his scent as he took off, sending pulses into my very core.

I knew he could feel it, smell it, taste it in the fucking air; he sped up and growled even louder. He finally arrived and set himself down, watching as I got off his back and stood before him. He turned and lay in his back, showing submission to me and me alone.

He shifted seconds after I saw the white fur of his underbelly, his skin erupting and bones breaking as he became human once more. He looked at me with such an intense gaze, closing he distance between us. "I will never do that again, to anyone else. I only show submission to you in one aspect, and that is my love for you. I will do anything for you, but I will not be submissive."

It barely made sense but it completely made sense all at the same time. I nodded and took his hand, leading him into my home. The air around us was lit up, electricity buzzing in every molecule bursting against my skin. I tucked him into my bedroom, the lights off with the only thing lighting up the room was the moonlight.

I stared at his naked body, drinking him in. The way he was watching me, watching my hands reach the hem of my dress and pull it over my body, was completely animalistic. His wolf was out, wanting to play with his prey.